Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
class 2 unit 9 ASSIGMENT
This Assignment addresses this course outcome:
MN502-4: Develop a philosophy that supports advanced nursing practice reflecting the values, beliefs, and cultural competencies relative to nursing practice, science, and theory.
Now that you have spent the last 8 weeks discussing theory development and exploring models and philosophies that guide advance practice nursing, it is time for you to put it all together. In this Assignment, you will create a presentation using any form of presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint®, Prezi™, Movenote™, Powtoons™, Slidedog™, and so on). Your presentation should bring together the theory that best fits your concept of advance practice nursing, the model that you will use to translate this into practice, and your final philosophy of advance practice nursing related to your role after graduation.
Please remember that your presentation should contain slides that have bullet points. The bullets should number no more than four to six per slide. The bullet point is not written as a complete sentence. It contains key words. You, as the presenter will explain in depth what each bullet point means in the audio portion of the presentation. Slides may contain graphics, but should be uncluttered. Background and font colors should be of sufficient contrast to make reading them easy on the eyes. Attention to colors should be paid so that a person who is colorblind can easily read the presentation.
The presentation should consist of a series of slides that include:
- Title Slide: A title slide that identifies the title of the presentation and name of the student.
- Introduction Slide: An introduction slide that includes brief information about you and your program track. The slide should also explain to the audience the purpose of the presentation.
- Model Slides: The third and fourth slides will address your chosen model. The bullet points should consist of the specific characteristics of the model. You will need at least one citation that identifies where the model came from. Your audio will expound upon the model and what the characteristics mean. The fourth slide should include why you chose the model and how you will apply it in practice.
- Theory Slides: The next three slides will focus on your chosen theory. The first slide should present your theory and why you chose it. The next slide would present the key concepts of the theory and how it has been used to date in past research no older than 5 years ago. The third slide will discuss how you will use this theory in practice as an advance practice nurse upon graduation.
- Philosophy Slide: The next area will consist of one slide that presents your philosophy of advance practice nursing in the post-graduate role you will assume. The philosophy statement will consist of one to three sentences that distill the essence of what you believe advance practice nursing is and your conception of nursing as a profession. It is written in the first person and present tense. It is a personal statement of your beliefs about the profession of nursing. This should present guiding statements for your future practice in the advanced practice role. An example of a philosophy statement might read this way: Advanced practice nursing takes the art and science of nursing to a level of "other" and "self" interacting together to reach a state of optimal wellness guided with compassion and love for the culture of the "other."
- Graphical Slide: The next-to-last slide will be a graphical representation of how the model, theory, and your philosophy fit together.
- Conclusion Slide: The last slide will be a conclusion that brings together everything you have presented. It is not a summary that just reiterates what you presented. It is a judgment about what you presented and bring the audience home, ending the presentation on a positive note about the future.
You will need supporting citations for your theory and model slides, and possibly for your philosophy, as appropriate. You will include the citations where appropriate and your very last slide will be a reference slide.
The total slide count should not exceed 15 slides. This does not include the reference slide(s) or the title slide.
- Organization, documentation, references formatting guidelines must follow APA 6th edition: To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Total points: 300
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least 5 sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition
How to Submit
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, submit to unit dropbox. Make sure to save a copy of your work and be sure to confirm that your file uploaded correctly.
Nursing Practice Mode
As for serving pioneers, medical caretakers perceive that the embodiment of minding and care conveyance is a human association. A human association is made through a recuperating domain with the patient and the family on the inside and incorporates associations with partners, group, and self. This remedial relationship is dynamic and liquid as the medical attendant reacts to changes with patients, families, and nature. Constantly surveying, arranging, executing, and assessing care in light of proof, sound clinical judgment, and basic speculation abilities, the medical caretaker gives sheltered, quality, master, humane care (Blais, 2015).
There are three essential objectives: to set the standard of watch over the establishment's current staff, to put them before forthcoming nursing representatives or vision and directing standards and to solidly express the earth we encourage and in which workers can hope to work (Stuart, 2014).
Blais, K. (2015). Professional nursing practice: Concepts and perspectives. Pearson.
Zaccagnini, M., & White, K. (2015). The doctor of nursing practice essentials. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Stuart, G. W. (2014). Principles and practice of psychiatric nursing. Elsevier Health Sciences.
Frankel, A., & PGCMS, R. (2017). What leadership styles should senior nurses develop?. Benefits, 10, 32.
Grace, P. J. (2017). Nursing ethics and professional responsibility in advanced practice. Jones & Bartlett Learning.