Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
For these dropbox reading response questions, please attach your .pdf file in the submission box. Remember that you MUST cite from the textbook to earn credit for these questions. Submissions without
For these dropbox reading response questions, please attach your .pdf file in the submission box. Remember that you MUST cite from the textbook to earn credit for these questions. Submissions without proper citations from the text will earn a grade of 0.
--Using your text as the source, answer each of the following questions in a minimum of 4-6 sentences. Be sure to cite the pages from the text where you find your answer. Each question counts as a percentage of the assignment. If you fail to complete a question, then that percentage will automatically be deducted from the grade.
--Please see the rubric for how these will be graded.
Be sure to cite the page numbers from the text, and other resources to indicate where you found the material.
1. What did Gustav Stresemann do to meet the challenge of runaway inflation in Germany in 1923?
2. What kinds of problems did mass unemployment cause during the Great Depression?
3. What was the Works Progress Administration (WPA)? What did the WPA attempt to do during the Great Depression in the United States?
4. What was the Scandinavian response to the Great Depression?
5. How did radio and movies allow propagandists and political leaders to reconstruct orderly and reassuring
images of the world for ordinary people, even as high-culture artists, composers, and writers continued to
dismantle traditional cultural norms and express the anxiety and fear arising out of the First World War and its aftermath?
- Britannica on the Great Depression - https://www.britannica.com/story/causes-of-the-great-depression
- US History.org has a great resource for all of US History. Use the drop-down to explore their information on the Great Depression - https://www.ushistory.org/us/48.asp
- The WPA info can also be found on the above Britannica and US History sites.
- Crash Course on the Great Depression https://youtu.be/GCQfMWAikyU
- There are quite a few sources for how the Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland) handled the Great Depression. Here is one source http://www.historydoctor.net/Advanced%20Placement%20European%20History/Notes/great_depression.htm