Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Prejudice, Assimilation, and Discrimination in a Global Context The interaction of diverse racial and ethnic groups throughout the world is often associated with a history of prejudice and conflict. M
Prejudice, Assimilation, and Discrimination in a Global Context
The interaction of diverse racial and ethnic groups throughout the world is often associated with a history of prejudice and conflict. Many factors have contributed to the nature of this interaction such as colonialism, modernization, economic competition, labor demands, language, religion, ideology, and national policies. South Africa and Brazil provide contrasting cases studies. Understanding their recent history can be instructive in informing how race and ethnic challenges are addressed in other parts of the world.
In this week’s Discussion, you will analyze the historical background and treatment of racial and ethnic groups within South Africa, Brazil, or a country of your choosing, other than the country where you currently reside
- Choose South Africa, Brazil, or an alternative choice (excluding Canada)
- Consider the issues related to the group you chose with regard to their experience of prejudice, discrimination, and assimilation.
Post an analysis of the country you chose by addressing the following:
- Identify the country’s major racial or ethnic groups.
- Analyze the historical background and treatment of that country’s racial or ethnic groups, highlighting 2–3 important economic, social, and political forces that have shaped their experiences and/or pivotal events that were key turning points.
- Provide 2–3 examples of discrimination or other social challenges that help shed light on the historical realities of race and ethnic interactions.
- Compare the participation rates, employment levels, and income levels of the major racial or ethnic groups in that country.
- Analyze 1–2 key policies that seek to address racial and ethnic issues.
- Analyze foreseeable challenges this country might face as a result of emerging trends in racial and ethnic interactions.
3 references are required