Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
PROJECT 2: PRESENTATIONObjectiveThe purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:How companies or organizations use digital or social media to effectiv
PROJECT 2: PRESENTATION
ObjectiveThe purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:
- How companies or organizations use digital or social media to effectively communicate ideas, information, arguments, and messages to achieve a specific goal.
- How digital or social media has transformed the communication of idea, information, and arguments in society.
Project DescriptionThe use of digital and social media can have a profound effect on society. This project requires you to research and report on an organization or company who has used or is using digital or social media to create a profound effect, impact, or influence on others.
Project 2 consists of:
- Project Requirements (topics and content to cover)
- Presentation Requirements (content organization)
- Submission Requirements (how to submit your assignment)
- Presentation Resources
- Due Date Information and Late Policy
Project RequirementsSelect an organization or company that used or uses digital or social media to impact others. CREATE A PRESENTATION (using a professional presentation application such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Prezi, or Apple Keynote for the Mac) highlighting the information you found.
While you may use other programs to create the file type submitted must be .pptx or .ppt
******File submitted is required to be a .pptx or .ppt file.******
*****References and in paper(text) citations required as per APA.*******In text citations may be on the slides or below in slide notes area.
NOTE 1: You are required to complete ALL THREE SECTIONS of this project (Sections 1, 2, and 3).
NOTE 2: PLEASE SELECT A DIFFERENT COMPANY THAN THE ONE YOU USED IN PROJECT 1.
SECTION 1: ORGANIZATION OR COMPANY INFORMATIONProvide the following information about the organization or company you select. Answer the questions below:
Item 1: What is the name of the organization or company?Item 2: What year was the organization or company established?Item 3: What is the organization's or company’s goal or mission?Item 4: Provide the company's or organization's website address (URL), if available.Item 5: Where is the company or organization's headquarters located?Section 1 Source: Include at least one source for Section 1. Include this source as an in-slide citation and on your References slide(s).
SECTION 2: DESCRIPTION OF THE DIGITAL OR SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCEDescribe how digital or social media was used to influenced others while answering the following questions:
Item 1: Describe how digital or social media was used to influence others. Provide at least one example, instance, or situation that highlights this influence.
Item 2: In the example, instance, or situation you provided in Item 1, what specific digital or social media platforms were used (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap chat, Pinterest, or YouTube) and how were they used?
Item 3: What occurred as the result of the use of digital or social media? Describe the impact or magnitude of the change.
Section 2 Source: Include at least one source for Section 2. Include this source as an in-slide citation and on your References Slide(s).To help you with completing Section 2, an example is provided below:Section 2 Example 1: Invisible Children - Kony 2012
In 2012, an organization called Invisible Children created and posted a 30 minute movie on YouTube to launch a campaign they called "Kony 2012." View the movie here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc).
The Kony 2012 campaign was an effort to capture James Kony, who was portrayed as a ruthless rebel leader in Uganda who committed numerous atrocities against humanity, including kidnapping and murder.
The Kony 2012 campaign had a tremendous impact. The video generated over 100 million YouTube Views. Over 20 million dollars was donated to support the effort to capture James Kony.
NOTE 2: You cannot use Invisible Children in your project. To help you with completing Section 2, a second example is provided below:Section 1 Example 2: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
In 2016, the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association (ALS) organized the Ice Bucket Challenge. The challenge involved pouring a bucket filled with ice and water over a person's head, followed by the person nominating 3 people who then had to take the challenge. The person would then making a contribution to ALS research. The challenge quickly became viral, gaining support and participation from celebrities. As a result of the challenge, traffic to the ALS web page increased, over 250,000 new donors signed up, and over 13.3 million dollars was raised.
NOTE 3: You cannot use the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in your project.
SECTION 3: ANALYSISWhat was the full impact of the use of Digital or Social Media?
Item 1: Was the change created by the use of digital or social media positive or negative (or both) in your opinion?Item 2: How successful was the company in accomplishing the objective? Support your answer.Item 3: List one thing the company could have done better to accomplish their objective.To help you with completing Section 3, we have provided two examples below:
Section 3 Example 1: Invisible Children - Kony 2012
The Kony 2012 campaign had both positive and negative results:
The Kony 2012 campaign received global attention. This attention lead to political and military action. The US government, lead by President Obama, backed a mission of 5,000 soldiers to James Kony.
The organization came under scrutiny as many have questioned their efforts (see YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmswBs4rdg or CNN report at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEVKNVTnYRA).
James Kony has not been caught. Some people even believe that he is no longer living or a threat to the region.
Section 3 Example 2: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
The Ice Bucket Challenge was extremely successful. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge increased the level of awareness of ALS and was extremely positive.
The Ice Bucket Challenge campaign has ended. In order to sustain the effort by coming up with a new challenge each year. One idea would be to use a number of celebrities to start the new challenge every year. Also, the association could do a better job of showing how the money donated has gone to furthering the cause. I would also create a thank you video from current ALS patients. The key here is to find ways to take advantage of the momentum the Ice Bucket Challenge initially created.
Section 3 Sources: Include at least two sources for Section 3. Include the two sources as in-slide citations and on your References page. At least one source should be professional or scholarly.
NOTE 4: You can not use in your project or any company or organization we discussed in class or in this assignment (e.g. The Ice Bucket Challenge or Invisible Children).
Presentation Requirements1. SLIDE SETUP AND ORGANIZATIONYour presentation must include the following slides and sections:
Item 1: Title SlideYour Title Slide should contain the following:
- Project Name
- Your Name
- Instructor’s Name
- Course name and section number
Item 2: Organization or Company Information (Section 1)
Item 3: Description of the Digital Media Influence (Section 2)
Item 4: Analysis of the Digital Media Influence (Section 3)
Item 5: Summary Slide
Item 6: Question Slide (this is where the audience is invited to ask questions).
Item 7: References Slide(s) (Your References MUST be in APA format)!
While you may use other programs to create, the file type submitted must be .pptx or .ppt
******File submitted is required to be a .pptx or .ppt file.******
*****References and in paper(text) citations required as per APA.******* In text citations may be on the slides or below in slide notes area.
2. PRESENTATION LENGTHMinimum of 15 slides; Maximum of 25 slides.(Title and Reference slides do not count toward the total slide count).
NOTE 5: Going over 15 slides is fine, but if you are under 15 you will be penalized 10% (one letter grade) for every 2 slides you are under the 15-slide minimum.
3. SLIDE DESIGN REQUIREMENTS
- Keep it Simple: Slides must be easy to read and uncluttered. Keep in mind the 7 x 7 rule with presentation software, which effectively states no more than 7 words per bullet and 7 bullets per slide.
- Images: Pictures and images should be used sparingly to avoid distraction from the main contents. Include at least one table, graph, or image of an appropriate size that is relevant and supports the information provided in your paper. Feel free to create the image if you like, but it must be professional.
- Fonts: Use a standard font like Times New Roman or Helvetica. Use 36-point font for your slide title, 28-point font for main points, and 24-point font for secondary points.
- Footer: Include the slide number, title of your presentation, and your name in the footer (except on title slide).
- Background: Appropriate for the presentation. Use creativity here, but your background color or design must not detract from the readability of the slides. A bad example would be using dark text against a dark background. Make sure the background and font colors are a good contrast.
- Contrast: Appropriate Foreground-Background Segregation (use dark text against a light background or white or light colored text against a dark background. This creates contrast.
4. PRESENTATION NARRATIONAdd "Narration" to each and every Slide in your presentation.
I would like you to present your presentation as if you were giving it to a LIVE AUDIENCE. In addition to designing each slide, I also want you to provide me with the transcript of the words you would actually say, word-for-word. while each slide is being displayed.
Adding NarrationYou can accomplish this in several ways:
1. Adding Text Narration to the Notes Section of each slide. Notes are below slide in PowerPoint in normal view. In the area it states "click to add notes"2. Adding Voice Narration to each slide (Export the Narration as a .MOV file).
5. SOURCESInclude at least Four (4) Sources (Total)
- Include at least One (1) Source for Section 1.
- Include at least One (1) Source for Section 2.
- Include at least Two (2) Sources for Section 3. At least one of the two sources must be a Professional or Scholarly Source.
Clarification: Please do not use unprofessional sources such as Wikipedia, About.com, Answers.com, Dictionary.com, How.com, or anything remotely similar. Examples of scholarly sources include textbooks, articles, academic journals, and conference proceedings. Scholarly resources are written by experts in their fields, grounded in research, and often refereed (reviewed and edited by researchers in the field). Examples of professional sources include: trade journals or magazines. Professional sources are written for a specific audience that works in certain field. They are not research-based. You can also use our course content (e.g. Read & Watch resources) as a source as well. UMUC has a top-notch, extensive online library. You can find many scholarly and professional sources there.
NOTE 6: You can also use social media (e.g. Twitter posts, blogs, YouTube) sources as well as this is a paper about the use of digital and social media.
Presentation ResourcesThe following optional resources may be helpful in completing this project:
- Life After Death by PowerPoint (3 mins | Automatic Closed Captioning)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjcO2ExtHso This Youtube video provides great tips sprinkled in with humor! :)
- PowerPoint Tutorial: Recording and Exporting Videos (5 mins | Automatic Closed Captioning).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKgfVZ4aCE0
Submission RequirementsPlease submit the following to your Assignments Folder in our CMST 301 LEO Classroom by the specified due date:
1. The completed presentation (PowerPoint .PPT or .PPTX, or Keynote project file) or a link to your online Prezi presentation.2. Any images used in your presentation.3. A PDF version of your PowerPoint or Keynote presentation (Depending on the version you use (Prezi Classic or Next), Prezi may not allow you to export a PDF file).