Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION! AND WATCH VIDEO Week #4 Discussion – Professional Selling OBJECTIVES • Critically analyze current opportunities in esports entertainment to generate revenue• To evaluat
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION!
Week #4 Discussion – Professional Selling
• Critically analyze current opportunities in esports entertainment to generate revenue• To evaluate opportunities for employment in esports• To explore customer engagement in esports
"The latest from Supernate asserts that the industry as a whole will be worth over $1.13bn by the end of this year, with $839m of that coming via sponsorship and advertising. In terms of locality, Asia represents the biggest piece of pie at $406m with North America close behind at $396m. Europe is picking up the pace but still some way behind at $298m. This is helped in part due to football clubs such as PSG and Schalke getting involved, and the industry picking up in France via Webedia.
Just over a quarter of this total value comes from direct revenues such as prize pools from developers and tournament organisers. A huge 74% comes from outside; this is sponsorship from the likes of big hitters such as Visa, Coca Cola, Audi and more. Esports prize pools are up 27% in 2017 year on year, and there’s no reason to suggest the growth into 2018 will be any less with more tournaments and tournament organisers emerging across the globe."
DELIVERABLE: First Post – due Wednesday by 11:59pm EST
Read the article listed and watch the video.
1. Research, define and discuss the primary and secondary target market for esports.
2. There are significant opportunities for employment in esports beyond the actual game playing. Choose one of the following jobs that would be the best fit for you and discuss how your skill set would apply to that position. If you have another idea, you can explore that opportunity.
- Professional player
- Journalist/content creator
- PR/Marketing executive
- Product manager
- Sales/partnerships manager
- Organisation owner/manager
- Community/social media manager
- Broadcast/production crew
- Event manager
3. How could esports be monetized further in your local entertainment community?
4. Discuss your personal opinion and interest in esports.
DELIVERABLE: Second Post – due between Thursday and Sunday by 11:59pm EST
1. Choose a classmate’s employment opportunity that is different from your choice and discuss how that might also be an opportunity for you.
2. Why or why not do you believe esports has sales potential? List additional facts/opinions based on your research to support your position.
3. Respond to someone else's opinion of esports. Choose someone with a different opinion if possible.
Do not limit the second discussion post to “I agree,” “That’s great” and so forth. Substantiate the position by using meaningful observations to corroborate it, such as professional experiences, relationships, and citing scholarly sources etc. when appropriate. As a guide for high quality response posts, use the RISE model, which encourages the steps as outlined in the rubric.