Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
1.Describe the steps involved in the process of sarcomere shortening (cross-bridge cycling). Be sure to explain: a. how all the contractile filaments...
1.Describe the steps involved in the process of sarcomere shortening (cross-bridge cycling). Be sure to explain:
a. how all the contractile filaments (what are these called?) and regulatory protein components (what are these called?) work together to contract the sarcomere. I need the names of these contractile elements .
b. the role of calcium in contraction of the sarcomere
c. the role of ATP (and its break down) in this process
2.Answer these questions about rigor mortis:
- Define rigor mortis (what is it? Describe the physiological condition of the body that would allow you to identify the body is in rigor mortis.)
- Under what condition does rigor mortis happen (when does it happen)?
- Explain HOW and WHY rigor mortis occurs using what you have learned about the physiology and biochemistry of muscle contractions (what TWO chemicals are involved that help explain why rigor mortis happens?)
3.. Answer the following questions about paralysis:
- What is the general definition of paralysis?
- Describe the type of paralysis that may occur in the case of tetanus AND explain exactly how this condition affects the neuromuscular junction (Describe the biochemistry).
- Describe the type of paralysis that may occur in the case of botulism AND explain exactly how this condition affects the neuromuscular junction. (Describe the biochemistry)
4.Answer the following questions about the origin and insertion of a muscle:
- What are the TWO special criteria used to determine the origin and insertion of a muscle when it is not clear or obvious?
- Provide an example of each of these two special criteria.
- Explain why the assignment of origin and insertion based on these two special criteria still makes sense given the general function of muscles and how they attach (i.e. what typically defines an origin and insertion?).