Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
3. Bone: common diseases, disorders and pathologies of bone
Bio 202: RESEARCH PAPER INSTRUCTIONS.
Research Paper Assignment – 40 points (see rubric for details)
Due Date: July 2
(Late submissions will attract penalty points)
Ø Length – 3- 4 pages – (IF including a References and Cover Page; MINIMUM 5 pages; MAXIMUM 6 pages )
Ø Double or 1.5 spaced, size 12 font, margins 1” left, right, upper and lower.
Ø Use the APA format for references, there are instructions in the College Library for your information.
Ø Cite all borrowed language in quotations (not more than 10% of your paper)
Ø Research must include 6 different sources – not more than 3 internet sources
Ø Bibliography / Reference Page should be in “end note” format
You are required to write a critical analysis of the disease of your choice.
Included in this analysis, you will need to explain how the disease you chose
affects the various body systems where relevant .
The following relevant and concise information must (if pertinent) be included in your write up. Topic selection is within the systems being covered in the course
§ Name of disease
§ History of the disease
§ Description of disease
§ Anatomy of the system(s) involved
§ Effects on other body systems
§ Cause of disease
§ Signs and symptoms
§ Diagnosis of the disease
§ Complications, if any
§ Treatment and side effects
Conclusion should include the following:
§ Brief mention of current or proposed research that may significantly impact the
§ Prevention strategies if any
§ Your insight / opinion
NOTE: you must focus on the anatomy & physiology of the disease/disorder. Cover
the normal anatomy & physiology of the organ system affected and then state what the
disease/disorder does to this organ system, and other organ systems. In other words, if
you are picking meningitis, I do not want you to go too much in detail about the
bacteria that causes it but how the bacteria escapes our body’s defenses and what the
bacteria does to other tissues.
Suggested Topics for the Paper: (Obtain Instructor’s approval of your topic)
Below listed systems are covered in Bio 202, so topic selection MUST be within these systems.
- The Cell Membrane/physiology: Cystic Fibrosis and other membrane related disorders.
- Integumentary System / Skin: common diseases, disorders and pathologies of skin including color disorders
- Bone: common diseases, disorders and pathologies of bone
- Joints: common diseases and disorders e.g. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Etc.
- Muscle Tissue:
· Skeletal – neuromuscular junction, action of blocking agents at NMJ
- Endocrine – System: common diseases, disorders and syndromes
- Nervous System: System: common diseases, disorders and syndromes
· Spinal Cord
· Autonomic Nervous System
- General Senses
- Special Senses:
· Eye: common refractive errors, diseases and disorders including causes of blindness
· Ear: common hearing disorders, including causes of deafness
- Any tropical disease related to the above systems
- You need to contact your instructor with the disease that you wish to write on for approval.
- ONLY ONE DISEASE PER STUDENT, so send in your requests early to get yourchoice.
- If you wish to cover a disorder/ disease that is not on this list, email the instructor for approval.
- APA FORMAT