ABS 200 Week 2 Critical Thinking Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and “Person-In-Environment” (PIE)
Critical Thinking: Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and “Person-In-Environment” (PIE). In a 3 to 4 page paper:
• Review Critical thinking, as described in the text.
• What does it have to do with science?
• Review the articles about Evidence-based practice and the Person-In-Environment Perspective and Classification system.
• What is EBP (Evidence-Based Practice)?
• How does EBP view the Person-in-Environment perspective?
• Discuss the background of the PIE classification/perspective and the individual/environment dichotomy. (Is it either intrinsic/or extrinsic, or both that impact an individual?)
• Consider the differences between PIE as a lens through which to view an individual, and the use of the PIE classification system. What are the advantages of viewing people from this lens?
• Using critical thinking, describe the value, merits or strengths of this classification system as well as any drawbacks or negatives you may notice.