ACC 350 Week 4 Quiz 3-Strayer Latest
This pack of ACC 350 Week 4 Quiz 3 - Strayer Latest comprises:
1) Managers use cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis to ________.
A) forecast the cost of capital for a given period of time
B) to study the behavior of and relationship among the elements such as total revenues, total costs, and income
C) estimate the risks associated with a given job
D) analyse a firm's profitability and help to decide wealth distribution among its stakeholders
2) One of the first steps to take when using CVP analysis to help make decisions is ________.
A) calculating the break-even point
B) identifying the variable and fixed costs
C) calculation of the degree of operating leverage for the company
D) estimating the volume of sales to make a good profit
3) Which of the following is true of cost-volume-profit analysis?
A) The theory assumes that all costs are variable.
B) The theory assumes that units manufactured equal units sold.
C) The theory states that total variable costs remain the same over a relevant range.
D) The theory states that total costs remain the same over the relevant range.
4) The selling price per unit less the variable cost per unit is the ________.
A) fixed cost per unit
B) gross margin
C) margin of safety
D) contribution margin per unit
5) In the graph method of CVP analysis, the total revenues line always begins from the x-axis and the total costs line begins from the fixed cost line.
6) Which of the following is an assumption of CVP analysis?
A) Total costs can be divided into a fixed component and a component that is variable with respect to the level of output.
B) When graphed, total costs curve upward.
C) The unit-selling price is variable as it is subject to demand and supply.
D) Total costs can be divided into inventoriable and period costs with respect to the level of output.
7) Which of the following is true of CVP analysis?
A) Costs may be separated into separate inventoriable and period components with respect to the level of output.
B) Total revenues and total costs are linear in relation to output units.
C) Unit selling price, unit variable costs, and unit fixed costs are known and remain constant.
D) Proportion of different products will vary according to demand and supply when multiple products are sold.
8) A revenue driver is defined as ________.
A) any factor that affects costs and revenues
B) any factor that affects revenues
C) the only factor that can influence a change in selling price
D) the only factor that can influence a change in demand
9) As per CVP, operating income calculations use ________.
A) net income and dividends
B) income tax expense and net income
C) contribution margins and fixed costs
D) nonoperating revenues and nonoperating expenses
10) Which of the following is true about the assumptions underlying basic CVP analysis?
A) Selling price varies with demand and supply of the product.
B) Only selling price and variable cost per unit are known and constant.
C) Only selling price, variable cost per unit, and total fixed costs are known and constant.
D) Selling price, variable cost per unit, fixed cost per unit, and total fixed costs are known and constant.
11) The contribution margin income statement ________.
A) reports gross margin
B) is allowed for external reporting to shareholders
C) categorizes costs as either direct or indirect
D) can be used to predict future profits at different levels of activity
12) Contribution margin equals ________.
A) revenues minus period costs
B) revenues minus product costs
C) revenues minus variable costs
D) revenues minus fixed costs
13) Contribution margin per unit is ________.
14) Calculate the variable cost per unit.
15) Contribution margin per software is ________.
16) If sales increase by $60,000, operating income will increase by ________.
17) Pacific Company sells only one product for $11 per unit, variable production costs are $3 per unit, and selling and administrative costs are $1.50 per unit. Fixed costs for 10,000 units are $5,000. The operating income is ________.
A) $6.50 per unit
B) $6.00 per unit
C) $5.50 per unit
D) $5.00 per unit
18) The contribution income statement highlights ________.
A) gross margin
B) the segregation of costs into period costs and inventoriable costs
C) different product lines
D) variable and fixed costs
19) Fixed costs equal $15,000, unit contribution margin equals $25, and the number of units sold equal 1,150. Operating income is ________.
20) The contribution margin per unit is ________.
21) If direct labor and direct material costs increase by $1 each, contribution margin ________.
A) increases by $20,000
B) increases by $14,000
C) decreases by $24,000
D) decreases by $14,000
*** 350 **** 4 **** 3-Strayer ******Attached: ACC-350-Week-4-Quiz-3-Strayer-Latest.zip