ACCT 304 Week 5 Quiz
In this file of ACCT 304 Week 5 Quiz there are answers on:
1. (TCO 7) Cash may not include
2. (TCO 7) On November 10 of the current year, Flores Mills sold carpet to a customer for $8,000 with credit terms 2/10, n/30. Flores uses the gross method of accounting for cash discounts. What is the correct entry for Flores on November 10?
3. (TCO 7) Which of the following does not change the balance in accounts receivable?
4. (TCO 7) Brockton Carpet Cleaning prepares a bank reconciliation at the end of every month. At the end of July, the balance in the general ledger checking account was $2,750, and the bank balance on the bank statement was $2,980. Outstanding checks totaled $680, and deposits in transit were $400. The bank statement revealed that a check written for $120 was incorrectly recorded by Brockton as a $220 disbursement. The bank statement listed service charges and NSF check charges totaling $150. The corrected cash balance is
5. (TCO 7) At January 1, 2011, Farley Co. had a credit balance of $520,000 in its allowance for uncollectible accounts. Based on past experience, 2% of Farley's credit sales have been uncollectible. During 2011, Farley wrote off $650,000 to accounts receivable. Credit sales for 2011 were $18,000,000. In its December 31, 2011 balance sheet, what amount should Farley report as allowance for uncollectible accounts?