ACCT 346 Week 8 Final Exam
This work of ACCT 346 Week 8 Final Exam shows the solutions to the following points:
1. The principle managers follow when they only investigate significant departures from the plan is commonly known as
2. Which of the following is not likely to be a fixed cost?
3. Which of the following is not a manufacturing cost?
4. An allocation base is
5. Equivalent units are calculated by
6. In the assembly department, all the direct materials are added at the beginning of the processing. Beginning Work in Process inventory consists of 2,000 units with a direct materials cost of $31,860. During the period, 15,000 units are started and direct materials costing $250,000 are charged to the department. If there are 1,000 units in ending inventory, what is the cost per equivalent unit?
7. Regression analysis
8. The number of units that must be sold to exactly cover its fixed and variable costs is the
9. Which of the following is treated as a product cost in variable costing?
10. If the number of units sold is less than the number of units produced
11. A contract which specifies that the suppler will be paid for the cost of production as well as some fixed amount or percentage of cost is called a(n)
12. Which of the following is not generally true when a company compares ABC and traditional costing?
13. Fixed costs that will be eliminated if a particular course of action is undertaken are called
1. Common costs
2. Target costing
3. Which of the following are relevant in deciding whether to accept or reject a special order?
4. Present value techniques
5. The internal rate of return
6. A method of budget preparation that requires all budgeted amounts to be justified by the department, even if the amounts were supported in prior periods, is called
7. Which budget is prepared first?
8. The standard cost is
9. In general, an unfavorable material variance arises from
10. The type of center that has responsibility for generating revenue as well as controlling costs is a(n)
11. Responsibility accounting holds managers responsible for
12. Which ratio measures the rate earned on total capital provided by the owners?
1. Distinguish managerial accounting from financial accounting. Include a brief discussion of the differences in the types of information provided to users as well as the differences of the users of the accounting information.
2. Booth Financial Services, LLC has two revenue producing departments, Financial Planning and Business Consulting. The accounting department is trying to determine the best method to allocate $1,000,000 of common costs (secretarial staff, reception personnel, etc), either by salary or number of employees. Information on the revenue departments are as follows:
3. Charlie Corp sells it products on both credit and cash basis. Monthly sales are sold 20% for cash, 80% for credit. Credit sales are collected 40% in the month of sale and 60% the following month. Sales for the first quarter are as follows:
4. Acme Fireworks uses a traditional overhead allocation based on direct labor hours. For the current year overhead is estimated at $1,000,000 and direct labor hours are budgeted at 200,000 hours. Actual hours worked were 195,000 and actual overhead was $978,000.
1. An investment of $185,575 is expected to generate returns of $65,000 per year for each of the next four years. What is the investment's internal rate of return?
2. Legal Docs Inc is a legal services firm that files incorporation papers for small businesses. They charge $1,000 per application. This year's income statement shows the following:
3. The following data has been taken from Air-Tite company in its first year of business.
**** *** Week 8 ***** ****Attached: ACCT 346 Week 8 Final Exam.zip