Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Analyze Figurative Language in a Poem
Write an essay that is around 2 pages long, in which you analyze the figurative language of the following poem.
- State which poem you chose, and explain why you chose it.
- Identify a key metaphor, simile, or other examples of figurative language in the poem. explain why this figurative language is important to the poem's meaning.
- Analyze the meaning of the figurative language. Explain your analysis clearly.
- Explain how the figurative language contributes to the tone of the poem. For example, explain how the poet's word choices build or maintain a sense of formality or informality. Cite details to support your ideas.
- Work has to be cited in APA format.
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
By William Wordsworth
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced: but they
Outdid the sparkling waves in glee;
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company;
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.