Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Analyze new technologies and virtual environments that foster innovative home care technologies to monitor and self-manage co-morbid chronic health...
Analyze new technologies and virtual environments that foster innovative home care technologies to monitor and self-manage co-morbid chronic health conditions.
Self-management of chronic health conditions via healthcare technology has proven beneficial to both the patient and the healthcare provider. Hospitalizations are less frequent, quality of life is improved, and patients are empowered to make decisions regarding treatment of their chronic illness (Radhakrishnan, Xie, Berkley, & Kim, 2016).
Today, it is estimated that up to 35 % of adolescents in the United States have one or more chronic illnesses (Price, Khubchandani, McKinney, & Braun, 2013). Some of the most common chronic illnesses in children are:
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Cerebral Palsy
Design a teaching plan for a technological program or device that would assist in the self-management of one of the above mentioned chronic illnesses in children and teenagers. Additionally, you will identify an individual, community group, or health care system that would benefit from this information and distribute it to them. Some things to consider in this teaching plan are:
- How will this technology or device assist with medication management?
- How will this technology or device assist in early detection of symptom changes?
- How will this technology or device assist in education regarding disease management?
- Will younger clients be able to use this technology independently or will assistance from parents or guardians be needed?
- Will this technology follow the child throughout the teenage years or will a change be needed as the client ages and develops?