Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
150+ words for each question and references .... Please have the question and aswer toghter
- Explain how experience shapes one's attitude toward cultural diversity. Give examples.
- Regarding the pioneers in sociology from Topic 1, which theorists do you think have the most relevance for today? How do you see their theories being applied today? Give examples.
- Some typical agents of socialization are: family, school, religion, friends, relatives, and mass media. What agents of socialization have influenced you the most? Describe their influence on your attitudes, beliefs, values, or other orientations to life. How have they made you the person that you are today?
- The major components of social structure are culture, social class, social status, roles, groups, and social institutions. Use social structure to explain why some Americans have such a low rate of college graduation. (See Table 9.3, Race-Ethnicity and Education, on page 276).
- How do group dynamics impact today's workplace? Does corporate culture and leadership come into play? How so? Discuss.
View the videos "Classic Studies in Psychology" on the Milgram studies in the GCU Library. Cut and paste the following URL into your browser.
Scroll down to videos 12, 13, 14, and 15: "Justification?" "Milgram's Study of Obedience," "The Results," and "Milgram's Conclusions." Review the story in the text in Chapter 5.
Stanley Milgram’s classic experiment of obedience focuses on social control and social conformity. Review Milgram’s experiment. If you were King or Queen of your kingdom, what behaviors would you classify as deviant? How would you make your populace obey and conform? Think about it and formulate a response.
- What are some ways in which our American culture stratifies people? See how long of a list you can come up with. Why do societies stratify? What do you think are the functions of stratification?
- How do we in the United States measure social mobility? How does social class and life chance play out in social mobility? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now regarding your place in society? Why?
- Evaluate the positive and negative effects of Affirmative Action in the United States. Target current issues, trends, and demographics.
- Discuss the concept of equality. Do you see equality happening in our society? Why or why not? Describe your personal observations of inequality.
- What global forces are affecting the U.S. economy and politics? How do those global forces affect your own life? Discuss.
- Does "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" depict a typical U.S. family? Why or why not? What is going on with the American family today? What historical events have played a role in shaping U.S. family life? What do you see for the future of the U.S. family? How do religion and education impact the future of the U.S. family?
- How has technology affected your life? Be specific as to what changes, and in what ways.
- Do you believe the long-term consequences of increased technological dependence are going to be good or bad? Explain. How do you see technology's effect on society 20 years from now?