Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Assignment 1.1: Conflicting Viewpoints Essay - Part I
Assignment 1.1: Conflicting Viewpoints Essay - Part IDue Week 2 and worth 30 points
When looking for information about a particular issue, how often do you try to resist biases toward your own point of view? This assignment asks you to engage in this aspect of critical thinking by playing the "Believing Game." The Believing Game is about making the effort to "believe" - or at least consider - the reasons for an opposing view on an issue.
You will first read a book excerpt about critical thinking processes: "The Believing Game and How to Make Conflicting Opinions More Fruitful" athttp://www.procon.org/sourcefiles/believinggame.pdf. Part I - Prewriting: Follow the instructions below for this prewriting activity. Use complete sentences and adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.1. Select one (1) of the approved topics from the www.procon.org Website and state your position on the issue.2. From the Procon.org Website, identify three (3) premises (reasons) listed under either the Pro or Con section - whichever section opposes your position.3. For each of the three (3) premises (reasons) that oppose your position on the issue, answer these "believing" questions suggested by Elbow:
- What's interesting or helpful about this view?
- What would I notice if I believed this view?
- In what sense or under what conditions might this idea be true?"
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA Style format. The main citation here will be the procon.org website!
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the informal fallacies, assumptions, and biases involved in manipulative appeals and abuses of language.
- Create written work utilizing the concepts of critical thinking.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in critical thinking skills and informal logic.