Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Read the “Midas” case study in Chapter 2 of your text and respond to the guided response below in a three page paper in accordance with APA guidelines as outlined.
- Discuss the anticipated impacts (both positive and negative) upon operating efficiencies, and recommend solutions to minimize the negative impacts.
- Discuss whether or not operating practices should be changed to accommodate the tune-ups. Be sure to explain your reasoning.
- Examine the reasons why input should be gathered from the shop owners.
- Discuss the type of input that should be gathered.
- Describe the processes and steps needed to launch this new program.
Assume that Midas is deciding whether it should add engine tune-ups to its existing product line. Top management has called you in as a consultant to help it to analyze this opportunity. The first thing the consultant asks you to do is read the Midas and Genoa Ford Feature in this chapter.
Management is concerned about the impact that this new service will have on existing operations. Presently, the company has a policy that customers will not wait longer than 30 minutes for muffler service. How can Midas maintain that pledge? What methods for scheduling tune-up service might make it easier for Midas to keep its pledge? If reaction to the new service is great, the shops may not have the capacity to satisfy demand. Should the company add capacity to existing shops to take the extra load, or should it add more shops? How will the shop owners react to the new proposal? Assume that most of the shops are very profitable. Will the owners want higher profits?