Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Based on what you’ve learned from the reading sources provided in the Reading Assignment section, explain and analyze how the PISA results impact your country positivelyexplain and analyze how the PIS
Based on what you’ve learned from the reading sources provided in the Reading Assignment section,
- explain and analyze how the PISA results impact your country positively
- explain and analyze how the PISA results impact your country negatively
NOTE: If your country does not participate in PISA, choose another country that is participating in PISA, in order to complete this written assignment
Submit a paper which is 2-3 pages in length, exclusive of the reference page, double-spaced using 12 point, Times New Roman font. The paper must be well written and cite at least 1 outside sources in APA format. Check all content for grammar, spelling and to be sure that you have properly cited all resources (in APA format) used.Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a free website that provides excellent information and resources for understanding and using the APA format and style. The OWL website can be accessed here: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
Papers will be assessed using this rubric.
1. About TIMSS 2019. (n.d.). timssandpirls. https://timssandpirls.bc.edu/timss2019/
- ‘About TIMSS 2019’ is an overview of the planned 2019 TIMSS.
2. Baird, J., Isaacs, T., Johnson, S., Stobart, G., Yu, G., Sprague, T., & Daugherty, R. (2011, May). Policy effects of PISA. Oxford University Centre for Educational Assessment. http://oucea.education.ox.ac.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Policy-Effects-of-PISA-OUCEA.pdf
- ‘Policy effects of PISA’ is an analysis of PISA and an assessment of the PISA results in six countries
3. Bennett, R.E., & Gitomer, D. (2008, July). Transforming K-12 assessment: integrating accountability testing, formative assessment, and professional support. Educational Testing Service (ETS), pp. 1-30. https://www.ets.org/Media/Home/pdf/CBAL_TransformingK12Assessment.pdf
- ‘Transforming K-12 assessment’ is an analysis of the integration of technology with formative assessments. Read pp 12-18.
4. Carnoy, M. (2015, October). International test score comparisons and educational policy: a review of the critiques. National Education Policy Center (NEPC). https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED574696.pdf
- ‘International test score comparisons and educational policy’ is a review of the main critiques that have been made of international tests, as well as the rationales and education policy analyses accompanying these critiques, particularly the policy analyses generation by PISA.
5. OECD and PISA tests are damaging education worldwide-academics. (2014). Theguardian. https://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/may/06/oecd-pisa-tests-damaging-education-academics
- ‘OECD and PISA tests are damaging education worldwide-academics’ is a letter to the Director of OECD’s PISA from academicians from around the world who express deep concern about the impact of Pisa tests and call for a halt to the next round of testing.
6. Program for International Students Assessment (PISA) . (n.d.). IES, National Center for Education Statisitics. https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/pisa/
- ‘Program for International Students Assessment (PISA)’ is the website for PISA.
7. Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (PRLS). (n.d.) . IES. National Center for Education Statistics. https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/pirls/
- ‘Overview’ is an overview of the PIRLS
8. Rethinking classroom assessment with purpose in mind. (2006). Western and Northern Canadian Protocol for Collaboration in Education. https://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/assess/wncp/full_doc.pdf
- ‘Rethinking classroom assessment with purpose in mind’ presents important facets of assessment; it will make you reflect on the assessment FOR, AS, and OF learning, and it suggests strategies to be applied in the classroom. In this Unit, you need to read Chapter 4.
9. Shute, V., & Rahimi, s. (2017). Review of computer-based assessment for learning in elementary and secondary education. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 33., pp1-19. http://myweb.fsu.edu/vshute/pdf/jcal.pdf
- ‘Review of computer-based assessment for learning in elementary and secondary education’ Is a review of these electronic assessments and of their benefits.
10. The Purpose of PISA. (2013). The Center for Education Reform. https://www.edreform.com/edspresso-shots/the-purpose-of-pisa/
- This site explains the purpose of PISA and how it plays in creating policy.
11. Trends in Mathematical and Science Study (TIMSS) (n.d.) Overview. IES. NCES. Retrieved from: https://nces.ed.gov/timss/
- ‘Overview’ is an overview of the TIMSS
12. Zalasnick, M. (2017, October). K12 makes assessment shifts, districts increase formative testing to generate real-time data and reduce high-stakes exams. District Administration. https://districtadministration.com/k12-makes-assessment-shifts/
- ‘K12 makes assessment shifts’ examines the use of adaptive learning software to generate formative assessments and argues that “computer-based formative assessments allow students to keep track of their own test data and, interviewing with educators, monitor their own progress toward learning targets”.
1. Molinar, M. (2017, May 24). Market is booming for digital formative assessments. EducationWeek. https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2017/05/24/market-is-booming-for-digital-formative-assessments.html?print=1 (2:00)
- ‘The market is booming for digital formative assessments’ reports on how certain school districts in the US are turning to and purchasing digital assessment platforms for their formative assessments.
2. OECD. (2016, December 6). How does PISA work? [Video]. YouTube. (2:45)
- ‘How does PISA work?’ is a visual explanation of this assessment by OECD
3. Scantlebury, T. (2018, June 18). Informal assessment tool: formative computer-based test [Video]. YouTube.
- ‘Informal assessment tool: formative computer-based test’ is an overview of the positive and negative aspects of computer-based formative assessments.