Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Faragher V. City of Boca Raton
- Re-read the case, "Faragher v. City of Boca Raton." This is the sexual harassment case against the lifeguards.
- Outline the case, using the standard legal outline headings. (See "Sample Outline for Legal Cases" in Course Materials.)
- After your outline, write a paragraph answer to the question: "What should the employer have done about the harassing actions of Silverman and Terry?" 2) Problem 3. Hostile atmosphere for one gender
The atmosphere at Discrimina, due more to the influence of a few employees, not the owner himself, is markedly hostile to women. Rita Land and Shirley Baker are the only two women employees in the plant. Rita, who does billing and bookkeeping, needs to go onto the plant floor to tally up parts and make sure items have been shipped. She has warned Shirley Baker not to even go onto the shop floor. Unless the owner is present, Rita is at risk of being harassed with rude or suggestive comments. Rita maintains a tough exterior, but she has had to pay over $5,000.00 for counseling and medication to overcome the depression and fear that her doctor says is caused by the harassment.
- Review Rita's problem in the light of Sexual Harassment laws and related cases.
- Next go over the legal case "Harris v. Forklift Systems, Inc.," 510 U.S. 17 (1993).
- In a Word document, evaluate whether Discrimina, Inc. would likely be held liable in court for Rita Land's counseling and medication expenses if she sues.