BIS 219 Final Set 3
In this file of BIS 219 Final Set 3 you will find the next information:
1. IT personnel use _____ to produce _____.
2. Amazon is using its IT infrastructure to deliver a variety of services for all of the following reasons except:
3. Which of the following statements about information systems is not correct?
4. The Internet has had which of the following impacts on the way you purchase your textbooks?
5. Which of the following is a traditional, major IS function?
6. Which of the following is not an overall trend in software?
7. Which of the following is not a characteristic of today s typical software?
8. Which of the following is not an advantage of open-source software?
9. A(n) _____ is a network designed to serve the internal informational needs of a single organization.
10. Applications offered by the Internet include which of the following?
11. The _____ is a global wide-area network that connects approximately one million organizational computer networks.
12. The ______________________ holds that the timing of the user of specialized knowledge can create a differentiation advantage as long as the knowledge remains unique.
13. The business diamond is useful for designing new organizations and diagnosing organizational troubles. Which component of the business diamond would include payroll, accounting, and inventory?
14. General managers should take an active role in decisions about information systems. This is vital because of which one of the following reasons?
15. It is very difficult to manage data for which of the following reasons?
16. You have moved to a different apartment, but your electricity bill continues to go to your old address. The Post Office in your town has a problem with its data management, which is:
17. The data in a data warehouse have which of the following characteristics?
18. Electronic commerce provides opportunities to do all of the following except:
19. The advantages of B2C for consumers include all of the following except:
20. In the _____ B2B application, the orders of many buyers are aggregated so that they total to a large volume, in order to merit more seller attention.
21. This asks the questions, "What tasks will be performed? How will the work be performed?, Who will do the work?, and Where will the work be performed"?
22. This technology has enabled changes in many jobs. For example financial analysts can download reports from a corporate web site in minutes.
23. Technology has significantly changed the way work is done and how managers interact with employees. One technological solution helps to solve the problem of lack of direct supervision by permitting managers to monitor employees based on ________________________ compensation strategies.
24. Enterprise resource planning systems are very _____ software products, meaning that companies typically have to change their _____ to accommodate how the software functions.
25. If you buy a science fiction book from Amazon.com, the company s software will automatically recommend similar books bought by other readers. This is an example of:
26. Supply chain complexity and scale:
27. Which era of information resources focused primarily on effectiveness such solving problems and creating opportunities?
28.This is defined as the available data, technology, people, and processes within an organization?
29. Which one of the following would NOT be considered an information resource that is available to a firm?
30. In this business structure a common view of a firm is as a hierarchy organized around a set of functions. Each group has a core competency that it concentrates upon.
31. These are comprehensive software packages that incorporate all modules needed to run the operations of a business. They should include the following modules: Manufacturing, Accounting, Human resources and Sales.
32. By 1998, approximately _____% of companies with annual revenues greater than $1 billion has installed ERP systems.
33. Decisions today are becoming _____ complex, due to _____ uncertainty in the decision environment.
34. _____ provides users with a view of what is happening, where _____ addresses why it is happening.
35. Which of the following are not provided by digital dashboards?
36. The information systems planning process proceeds in which order?
37. The _____ that changes are made in the systems development life cycle, the _____ expensive these changes become.
38. Any systems acquisition effort is mainly driven by
39. This counts the actual activities that go into making a specific product or delivering a specific service.
40. This financial calculation provides a percentage rate that measures the relationship between the amount the business gets back from an investment and the amount invested.
41. Managers want to analyze the costs of informal support of their IT infrastructure for two reasons: the costs and the ____________________________.
42. What is _____ is not necessarily _____.
43. Which of the following statements is correct?
44. Your company s computers have been taken over by an attacker and used to attack other organization s information systems. Your problem is which of the following?
45. Individuals are finding it convenient and productive to use wireless devices for which of the following reasons?
46. Of the following, which is the major problem with smart phones?
47. Which of the following statements about Wi-Fi is not correct?
48. This is a piece of data that is stored on the users computer by a company that the user accesses using a web browser?
49. This ethical theory states that managers are entrusted with a fiduciary responsibility to all those who hold a stake in or a claim on the firm .
50. What information does a person or an organization have a right or a privilege to obtain, under what conditions and with what safeguards is part of this ethical issue?