Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Blind Spot, psychology homework help
Did you know that we have a blind spot in each of our eyes? The blind spot exists in an area of the retina that does not have any receptors. However, since we use both eyes at any given time, the blind spot in one eye is compensated by the blind spot in the other eye. Hence, if both eyes are open and moving, this is not an issue in regular life.
Access the CogLab demonstration “Blind Spot” and follow the instructions to complete the demonstration.
Based on the demonstration, respond to the following:
- Describe the location of your blind spot for the image presented in this demonstration.
- State the reason why you think it is important to keep your left eye closed for this demonstration to work.
- State the factors that would affect the size of an individual’s blind spot.
- Explain the cause of the blind spot. Be sure to explain using the anatomy of the eye.
- An individual’s blind spot typically goes unnoticed. Give reasons why this is the case.
- Describe a situation in which an individual might be susceptible to miss something in the environment because of his/her blind spot.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.