BSHS 471 Week 4 Learning Team Presentation on a Crisis Intervention Situation
This work includes BSHS 471 Week 4 Learning Team Presentation on a Crisis Intervention Situation
Complete the following assignment prior to Learning Team Meeting Four. Half of the Learning Teams will prepare a 3-4 page paper on a specific crisis intervention situation this week.
The Learning Team Meeting participants will discuss the following specific crisis intervention situations:
· chemical dependency
· personal loss
· violent behavior in institutions
· hostage crises
· human service worker's burnout
Although the Learning Teams will present only present one situation as assigned, they should review all the situations. Topics for discussion should include:
· What are the dynamics and background of the situation?
· What are some of the effective strategies for intervening in this situation?
· Are there any components of prevention that may be applied to this situation?
· What specific role(s) might a human service worker play in this situation?
· How might this situation be impacted in the future by advancing technologies?
These topics will form the sections of the Learning Team's presentation.