BUS 308 Ashford Week 2 Quiz
This archive file of BUS 308 Week 2 Quiz shows the solutions to the following problems:
1. Question : In a statistical study, the random variable X = 1, if the house is colonial, and X = 0 if the house is not colonial, then it can be stated that the random variable is continuous.
2. Question : The set of all possible experimental outcomes is called a(n)
3. Question : If two events are independent, then the probability of their intersection is represented by:
P(A ? B) = P(A) + P(B)
P(A ? B) = 0
P(A ? B) = P(A) * P(B)
P(A ? B) = P(A) - P(B)
P(A ? B) = P(A) * P(A | B)
4. Question : A(n) __________ is a measure of the chance that an uncertain event will occur.
5. Question : The price-to-earning ratio for firms in a given industry is distributed according to normal distribution. In this industry, a firm with a Z value equal to 1
has an above average price-to-earning ratio.
has a below average price-to-earnings ratio.
has an average price-to-earnings ratio.
may have an above average or below average price-to-earnings ratio. 6. Question : The expected value of a discrete random variable is:
n ?p ?q