Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
BUS 434 Week 4 Quiz
This paperwork of BUS 434 Week 4 Quiz consists of:
1. The National Association of Suggestion Systems claims that a dollar spent in rewarding suggestions will return ______ dollars in improved operations to the organization.
2. The size of a bonus received by an operating manager will quite often be determined by all but which one of the following criteria?
- work unit reduction in cost
- performance rating of manager's subordinates
- employee's own performance rating
- area of functional responsibility
3. Which of the following statements is least descriptive of why many suggestion plans have failed?
- employee apathy
- failure to recognize contributions
- management lacks interest
- union members block suggestions through committee action
4. Which one of the following is not a benefit to the employer when offering an ESOP?
- maintains a stable work force
- owner can sell stock to a friend
- results in a dilution of value of the stock
- ESOT can borrow money under favorable conditions
5. In contrast to compensation systems in the private sector, those for government employees are less likely to include use of
- wage surveys
- job descriptions
- job evaluation
- financial incentives
6. Which one of the following statements is not true regarding a defined contribution plan?
- most pension plans are defined contribution plans
- crucial to a defined contribution plan are investment and management skills
- employers assume the investment risk
- most plans have less than 100 participants
7. Which of the following is not true about a well-designed incentive scheme?
- it should reflect the desire of the business to recognize performance
- it should be limited to individual efforts
- it should assist in coordinating the efforts of all employees
- it should demonstrate the ability of the business to reward performance at all levels
8. All but which one of the following theories are included within content theories of motivation?
- Maslow's hierarchical needs
- Herzberg's two-factor theory
- McClelland's four modes of success
- Adams' equity theory
9. Employees of the federal government are eligible for
- patent awards
- outstanding contributor award
- special achievement award
- perfect attendance award
10. Which section of the Internal Revenue Code defines rights and opportunities for long-term compensation programs?