1. A major benefit of social software is the ability to harness the "wisdom of crowds," which is also referred to as:
A. collaborative filtering.
B. preference elicitation.
C. collective intelligence.
D. consensus democracy.
2. Which of the following statements is true about Google Sites? search capabilities.
A. It is an enterprise-level collaboration tool that allows users to create group websites and share team information.
B. It allows users to select a custom domain name for an additional fee.
C. It allows users to share events, send invitations to events, and subscribe to public calendars for new events.
D. It allows users to send large attachments and offers large storage space and superior filing and
3. Which of the following benefits of groupware enables many people to speak and listen at the same time?
A. Group memory
C. Process structuring
4. Which of the following statements is true about a discussion forum?
A. It started out as a novice's way of expressing himself using very simple Web pages.
B. It is the process of creating an online text diary made up of chronological entries that comment on everything.
C. It is a widely used synchronous groupware tool.
D. It is dedicated to a specific topic, and users can start new threads.
5. Which of the following is a collaboration management tool that is used to facilitate virtual or collocated meetings?
A. Internet forums
B. Video conferencing
6. Social presence tools are also known as __________ tools.
A. social bookmarking
B. instant chatting
7. Which of the following statements is true about peer production?
A. The creator is responsible for publishing new information.
B. Only editors have the right to develop new content.
C. It is also known as enterprise content systems.
D. Anyone can help in producing or improving the final outcome.
8. The network effect refers to the notion that the value of a network is dependent on the:
A. speed of the network.
B. number of other users.
C. knowledge of the users.
D. commitment of the users.
9. Cloud-based collaboration tools:
A. allow for easy transferability of documents from one person to another.
B. have well-documented procedures for system complexities.
C. reduce the risk of exposing sensitive corporate data.
D. require users to frequently upgrade their software.
10. Which of the following statements is true about a content management system?
A. It is the creation of goods or services by self-organizing communities.
B. The creation of the goods or services is dependent on the incremental contributions of the participants.
C. It allows the assignment of different roles for different users.
D. Anyone can help in producing or improving the final outcome of the goods and services.
11. The use of __________ within a company's boundaries or between a company and its customers or stakeholders is referred to as Enterprise 2.0.
A. Web 1.0 techniques
C. social media
D. extranet and Web 1.0 techniques
12. The __________ Web, originally envisioned by Tim Berners-Lee, one of the founders of the Internet, is a set of design principles that will allow computers to be able to better index websites, topics, and subjects.
13. Some people see __________ as the "contextual Web," where the immense amounts of content available to users will be filtered by contextual factors such as time, location, social activities, and so on.
A. Web 3.0
B. Web 2.0
C. Web 4.0
D. Web 5.0
14. Which of the following facilitates real-time written conversations?
A. Instant messaging
B. Discussion forums
C. Status updates
15. __________ can be used to visualize user-generated content on a site.
B. Tag clouds
16. __________ takes the concept of companies having used self-employed consultants to work on individual projects or provide content a step further by enabling people to work in more flexible ways on a variety of Internet-related projects.
17. Social bookmarking allows users to share Internet bookmarks and to create categorization systems. These categorization systems are referred to as:
A. tag clouds.
D. geospatial metadata.
18. Which of the following statements is true about viral marketing?
A. It uses the network effect to increase brand awareness.
B. It uses everyday people as a cheap labor force.
C. It is the dissemination of information to a narrow audience.
D. It enables people to work in more flexible ways on a variety of Internet-related projects.
19. The term __________ marketing was coined by Harvard business professor Jeffrey Rayport to describe how good marketing techniques can be driven by word-of-mouth or person-to-person communication.
20. Which of the following Web 2.0 applications has been classified by noted technology journalist Nicholas Carr as the "amateurization" of journalism?
B. Discussion forums
C. Message boards
D. Instant messaging