Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Categorical Syllogism B. Disjunctive Syllogism C. Modus Ponens D. Modus Tollens E. Prediction Argument F. Analogical Argument G. Proportional...
A. Categorical Syllogism
B. Disjunctive Syllogism
C. Modus Ponens
D. Modus Tollens
E. Prediction Argument
F. Analogical Argument
G. Proportional Syllogism
H. Generalization from a Sample
I. Cause-and-Effect Reasoning
1. _______ The Nevada Field Poll, a political polling firm, has just finished a survey of likely voters in Nevada, in which 54% of those surveyed reported that they intend to vote for the incumbent Senator, Harry Reid, in the upcoming Nevada election for US Senate. The Field Poll talked to over 1,500 likely voters that were randomly selected through a computer program that generated random phone numbers with Nevada area codes and prefixes from all parts of the state. Therefore, if the election were held today, there is now strong evidence to indicate that Senator Reid would win re-election.
2. _______ Either Gravity or 12 Years a Slave won the Oscar award for Best Picture. And I just learned that, in fact, Gravity did not win that award. So, it logically follows that 12 Years a Slave won the Oscar award for Best Picture.
3. _______ Chimpanzees are great apes, highly social, and have an omnivorous diet. Likewise, humans are also great apes, highly social, and have an omnivorous diet. And I know that bonobos are great apes as well, and that they, too, are highly social. So, I think we can safely infer that bonobos also have an omnivorous diet.
4. _______ If apes are primates, then apes are mammals. Therefore, apes are mammals, since they are, in fact, primates.
5. _______ If the club meeting is scheduled for today, then the meeting room door is unlocked. But the meeting room door is not unlocked. Hence, the club meeting is not scheduled for today.
6. _______ About the same time that the explosion in the building occurred, the maintenance supervisor had lit a match while investigating a gas leak in the building. It seems, then, that the maintenance supervisor's lighting a match is the event that led to the building explosion.
7. _______ Only two film directors in history have won the Oscar award for Best Director two years in a row. And the last time that happened was over 60 years ago. Given this, since Alejandro González Iñárritu won this year's Oscar award for Best Director, it strongly appears that he will not win the same award again next year.
8. _______ All registered voters are eligible for jury duty. May has just become a registered voter. Thus, May is now eligible for jury duty.
9. _______ Most famous actors live in Los Angeles. Leonardo DiCaprio is a famous Hollywood actor, which means that he probably lives in Los Angeles.