Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Chapter 18 Know the functions of the digestive system What is digestion?
- Know the functions of the digestive system
- What is digestion?
- Know the functions of the different organs in digestion
- Know the histology of the different layers of the GI tract
- What are plicae, and what is their function?
- What are chief cells and what do they secrete?
- What are G cells and what do they secrete?
- What are segmentation, peristalsis, and mass movements?
- Know the neurological implications of the swallowing reflex
- What is trypsinogen and pepsinogen?
- Where are HCl and HCO3- secreted?
- Where does nutrient absorption primarily occur?
- Where does carbohydrate digestion start? Name the first enzyme used
- What is bile? Where is it produced and secreted?
- What is intrinsic factor? Know the importance between intrinsic factor and anemia
- What is the function of the large intestine?
- What does the pancreas produce?
- Know the functions of the liver.
- Know the different phases during digestion (cephalic, gastric, intestinal)
- How are fats absorbed?