Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
CIS 500 Assignment 4 Data Mining Assignment 4
CIS 500 Assignment 4 Data Mining
Assignment 4 DataMining
The development of complex algorithms that can mine mounds
of data that have been collected from people and digital devices
have led to the adoption of data mining by most businesses as a
means of understanding their customers better than before. Data
mining takes place in retailing and sales, banking, education,
manufacturing and production, health care, insurance,
broadcasting, marketing, customer services, and a number of
other areas. The analytical information gathered by datamining
applications has given some businesses a competitive advantage,
an ability to make informed decisions, and better ways to predict
the behavior of customers.
Write a four to five (45) page paper in which you
1. Determine the benefits of data mining to the businesses
1. Predictive analytics to understand the behavior of
2. Associations discovery in products sold to customers
3. Web mining to discover business intelligence from
4. Clustering to find related customer information
2. Assess the reliability of the data mining algorithms. Decide
if they can be trusted and predict the errors they are likely
3. Analyze privacy concerns raised by the collection of
personal data for mining purposes.
1. Choose and describe three (3) concerns raised by
2. Decide if each of these concerns is valid and explain
your decision for each.
3. Describe how each concern is being allayed.
4. Provide at least three (3) examples where businesses have
used predictive analysis to gain a competitive advantage
and evaluate the effectiveness of each business’s strategy.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Note Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font
(size 12), with oneinch margins on all sides; citations and
references must follow APA or schoolspecific format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment,
the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not
included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this
• Explain how information technology systems influence
• Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies
raise in a global context.
• Outline the challenges and strategies of eBusiness and
• Use technology and information resources to research
issues in information systems and technology.
o Write clearly and concisely about topics related to
information systems for decision making using proper
writing mechanics and technical style conventions.