COM 285 Final Exam B
In this paperwork of COM 285 Final Exam B you will find the next information:
1. Is the subject line "Improving Customer Service" appropriate in a message to superiors?
2. In a bad-news message to subordinates, why is it a good idea to ask readers to suggest solutions to the problem?
3. Which is an appropriate way for a subordinate to begin a message to her supervisor letting him know that the company has been fined due to safety violations in their department?
4. In a bad-news message to a superior, you should describe what led to the problem:
5. You must explain to a group of employees the different pension funds they can now choose. You expect the group to have many questions because many of them will be retiring within ten years and want to maximize their retirement income. You should probably:
6. A presentation designed to entertain and validate the audience is a(n):
7. Which of the following purposes of an oral presentation is specific in its purpose?
8. Which of the following patterns of organization is characterized by a movement from the problem as it affects the organization to a discussion of the parts of the problem and solutions to each of these parts?
9. You are writing a report that recommends renovation projects in several buildings on your campus. The most appropriate organizational pattern would be:
10. If after completing your research you cannot prove the claim you originally hoped to make, which of the following is NOT an acceptable way to deal with the results?
11. Which of the following would NOT be related to a discourse community in a factory?
12. Which audience has political, social, or economic power; pays close attention to the transaction between you and the primary audience; and may base future actions on its evaluation of your message?
13. For which of the following business messages would it be appropriate to approach the subject indirectly by leading up to the main point rather than presenting it first?
14. Which of the following is NOT a communication strategy that should be used to improve customer satisfaction?
15. A subordinate comes to you because he is upset with the way he is treated by co-workers. A good first response would be to:
16. Your roommate is always complaining about how much work she has to do and how far behind she is. This is really starting to bother you. You secretly think that things would be a lot better for her if she spent more time studying and less time complaining. Which of the following would be the BEST response when she next tells you how much work she has to do?
17. Successful intercultural communicators are all of the following EXCEPT
18. It can be helpful for managers working overseas to have a basic understanding of the religion observed by workers in that company because:
19. Which of the following people would be MOST likely be considered a leader by the members of the group?
20. So that readers best understand your writing, do NOT use words that are:
21. Ben chooses a pattern of organization before he begins a letter. What part of the writing process does this activity represent?
22. Which of the following would NOT be considered a planning activity when writing a report?
23. Which is a sound recommendation for creating a professional business document?
24. Which would NOT be a consideration when choosing a medium for a superior delivering bad news to subordinates?
25. Is "I am sure that you will agree with our decision" appropriate in a letter to a client in which you refuse a request?
26. When you are writing subject lines for negative messages to a superior, use a subject line that:
27. Which of the following should NOT be included in a bad-news memo to your superior?
28. An oral message is preferable to a written one when one of the goals is to:
29. In a comparison-contrast report, it is best to:
30. You are a technical writer in a large company who is working on a training manual to help new users learn the company's computer system. Employees will use your manual in training seminars taught by your company's trainers. The manual will also serve as an on-the-job reference later. Both of the system analysts who designed the computer system and the trainers will comment on your draft. The trainers would be classified as what kind of audience for your manual?
31. A written business request is answered positively and promptly on the first try. This is an example of a high level of:
32. Which of the following is NOT a reason to use e-mail?
33. Which of the following is NOT an appropriate practice when analyzing the audience prior to delivering a message?
34. The informational dimension of group interaction looks at:
35. Which of the following sentences would be appropriate toward the beginning of a professional business report?
36. Which sentence is written in a style that would make it difficult to read?
37. Which of the following is a negative subject line?
38. Which of the following is NOT a purpose in a negative message?
39. A written message is preferable to an oral one when one of the goals is to:
40. Which type of data is MOST appropriate for the appendix of a report rather than the body?
41. Which one of the following is NOT an internal audience of an organization?
42. Which is NOT a true statement about diversity?
43. Which of the following will help make your business writing easy to read?
44. Lauren has confirmed flight information, printed directions from the Internet, and spoken with the Human Resources Department to clarify specific details. She will include this information in a letter to a job candidate she is inviting for an interview. What part of the writing process does this activity represent?
45. Which of the following would be the BEST way to refuse a customer's request?
46. Which of the following is an informative presentation?
47. You are writing a report that explains the current duties of each person in your department. The most appropriate organizational pattern would be:
*** 285 Final **** *Attached: COM 285 FINAL EXAM B. DONE.pdf.zip