CRMJ 410 Week 2 Assignment Constitutional Limitations, Elements of Crimes
This file of CRMJ 410 Week 2 Assignment Constitutional Limitations, Elements of Crimes includes:
1. Can you think of an example of an ex post facto law?
3. Can a municipality enforce an ordinance totally banning religious organizations from canvassing neighborhoods in search of new members? What about an ordinance that prohibits such canvassing between the hours of 8 P. M. and 8 A. M.?
8. How does the doctrine of judicial review affect the power of a state legislature to de?ned criminal conduct? Would the constitutional limitations on legislative power be as stringent without the power of courts to declare laws unconstitutional?
1. Distinguish between the concepts of motive and intent in the criminal law. Can you cite an instance where, despite good motives, a person would be guilty of a crime?
5. Is there a justi?cation for the criminal law not punishing a person for failing to act when there is a clear moral duty to act?
1. What justi?es criminalizing attempt, solicitation, and conspiracy?
7. Should statutes de?ning conspiracy require proof of an overt act in furtherance of the conspirators