Data analysis - Please help!
Problem 4: Smoking Bans
On November 3 – 5, 2010, the Gallup Organization surveyed 1028 adult Americans and found that 463 said they supported a ban on smoking in public places. More recently, on October 15 – 17, 2014, the Gallup Organization surveyed 997 adult Americans and found that 550 supported a ban on smoking in public places.
- Construct a 93% confidence interval for the above data. Show your work using the formulas and verify your work using StatCrunch.
- Construct a 98% confidence interval for the above data. Show your work using the formulas and verify your work using StatCrunch.
- Interpret the confidence interval calculated in part (b)
Problem 5: Mercury in Freshwater Fish
Experts believe that 20% of all freshwater fish in the United States have such a high level of mercury that they are dangerous to eat. Suppose a fish market has 250 fish tested and 60 of them have dangerous levels of mercury. Test the hypothesis that this sample is not from a population with 20% dangerous fish. Use a = 0.10.
- State the null and alternative hypotheses.
- State the significance level for this problem.
- List the conditions that allow you to use the test statistic, and, if appropriate, calculate the test statistic.
- Calculate the p-value and include the probability notation statement.
- State whether you reject or do not reject the null hypothesis.
- State your conclusion in context of the problem (i.e. interpret your results).
- Use StatCrunch to verify your test statistic and p-value.
**** ** the ****** ** Problem * Mercury in ********** *****Attached: Mercury in Freshwater Fish.docx