Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Throughout this course, you will look at how you engage with others through written communication and how you can use research in a variety of different types of settings, including academic, professional, and personal.
Primary Discussion Response
To begin the process, choose a trending topic that is preferably related to your field of study, and find information on that topic in the following locations:
- Online news outlet (CNN, AP, New York Times, local news online, etc.)
- Library database or Google Scholar
When considering topic choices, select topics that fall under the broad umbrella of your field of study. Consider the following examples:
- Health care
- Current health crisis or controversial medical issue
- Security studies
- Controversial criminal case, legislation issues, and so forth
- Business and management
- Trending topics in the corporate world
- Computer science and IT
- IT and security issues
- Prospering or failing technology companies
- Controversies related to technology
Note: You may choose a trending topic with which you are already familiar, but if you would like additional ideas for topics, skim online news outlets for stories or touch base with your instructor for additional suggestions.
Once you have completed your research, develop your initial post by filling out the Unit 1 Discussion Board Template, which must include the following 3 components:
- Introduce yourself to your classmates. In your introduction, include a little bit about why you decided to work on your degree, what degree you are pursuing, and what your professional goals are after graduation.
- Identify your chosen trending topic and provide a link to one article or press release, one tweet, one wiki entry, and one scholarly source relating to that topic.
- Answer the following questions:
- Who is the intended audience for each of the communications?
- Which of the sources would you identify as credible? Which of the sources would be appropriate for use in an academic setting? Professional setting? Did you feel that any of the sources were not credible for use? Why?
- Identify what you think was the purpose for each of these communications (to inform, to educate, to entertain, to persuade, etc.). How effective do you think each communication was in accomplishing the writer’s purpose?
Do not attach the template. Instead, copy and paste your filled-out template directly into the Discussion Board.