Choose a developing country, and discuss its economic growth in the last 2–3 years. Discuss whether you believe the country is on a good course of economic growth and whether the macroeconomic policies are helping achieve this growth. Include the following information:
- Identify its growth in output per capita and in population growth.
- Is it an open or closed economy?
- The unemployment rate is an important economic indicator. Please review this video and discuss how your chosen country’s unemployment rate compares to that of America.
- Identify its comparative advantage and whether it is involved in trade.
- Identify the country's type of economy: market, command, or mixed economy.
- Is the country's foreign exchange overvalued or undervalued? Has the central bank intervened in the foreign exchange market on behalf of the country's currency valuation?
The tutor is currently answering this question.
Please check back later.