Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
due in less than 3 hours (minimum of 250 words)
IntroductionIn strict liability cases, the prosecution has to prove only that defendants committed a voluntary criminal act that caused harm. The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the power of legislatures to create strict liability offenses to protect the “public health and safety,” as long as the legislature makes clear they are imposing liability without fault.
Initial Post Instructions
For your initial post, address the following:
- Identify strict liability crimes in your state or local jurisdiction.
- Describe why you think these behaviors have been made strict liability crimes.
- How are they punished?
- Are there any strict liability crimes in your state or local jurisdiction that you think should not be crimes? Describe why.
- Are there some behaviors that are not criminal that should be strict liability crimes? Describe why.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Using APA format, incorporate appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept with corresponding references page for the initial post.