Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Part One: Based on the three main elements listed below, provide an analysis of yourself. Include an evaluation of each element and also include suggestions for increasing your emotional intelligence within each element. Finally, analyze the relationship between emotional intelligence and sales. Why are these elements essential in order to be successful in sales?
- There are three main elements of emotional intelligence. The first element is understanding how well you know yourself and your own behaviors. When you have a good understanding of yourself, you will learn the reasons, beliefs, and experiences that cause your behaviors. This will increase your emotional intelligence.
- The second element is understanding how well you know or can read others. Being able to read others and understand them is essential in the sales environment. Without having this understanding, you will have difficulty in influencing, persuading, or leading them to think your way. This is an area that many people struggle with.
- The third element is understanding your skill level for interacting with others. When you know yourself and know others, you have a better chance of being able to communicate, read body language and voice tones, and see beyond the obvious.
Many of these skills can be developed through continued training and also by working with people who have high levels of emotional intelligence.
Part Two: For part two, complete the following emotional intelligence quiz (link below) and provide an analysis of your findings, including your score, in an essay paper. Include Goleman’s five components of emotional intelligence listed below and your score from the quiz.
Goleman (1998 & 2000) is a researcher who has explored how emotional intelligence is related to sales success. Below are the five components of emotional intelligence shared by most successful sales people:
- Self-awareness: knowing one’s strengths, weaknesses, drives, values, and impact on others
- Self-regulation: controlling or redirecting disruptive impulses and moods
- Motivation: relishing achievement for its own sake
- Empathy: understanding other people’s emotional makeup
- Social skill: building rapport with others to move them in desired directions
For part two, complete the following emotional intelligence quiz by using the following link:
After completing the quiz you will receive your results. Provide a summary of your emotional intelligence score. Do you agree or disagree with your score? Explain your position.
In addition, read through the five components of emotional intelligence shared by successful sales people listed above. Provide a self-evaluation of each of the five components. Include suggestions for improving in these areas. Finally, discuss how each of these five areas can help sales people be successful. What is the correlation between emotional intelligence and sales success?
-6-8 pages in length and include Part 1 and Part 2 of this assignment.
- APA references and citations
- Intro and conclusion