Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Ethcs 4-5 page paper
Your final exam essay gives you the opportunity to identify ethical problems faced by individuals or communities and propose reasonable solutions. You will apply theories we covered in this course, and interpret various issues using a number of ethical theoretical constructs, both traditional and contemporary. You will analyze, evaluate, and distinguish between ethical theories to critique contemporary issues. This activity aligns with module outcomes 1 and 2.
Your essay should be 1,000–1,200 words (4–5 pages), double-spaced, in APA format, and with 3 or more credible sources. Begin your essay by choosing one issue from the list below, and then choose a total of 6 theories (from the subsequent 3 options) to analyze your issue.
Choose one issue from the categories below, about which you feel most passionate:
- Animal Rights and Environmental Ethics
- Business or Health Care Ethics
- Cloning, Stem Cell Research, Genetic Issues
- Civil Liberties
- Death Penalty
- Drug Policy
- End of (Human) Life Issues
- Global Justice and Injustice
- Racism, Discrimination, Hate Crimes, Oppression
- War and Terrorism
Analyze your chosen issue using 6 theories. Choose 2 from each of the 3 categories listed below.
Choose 2 from the primary list:
- Utilitarian ethics
- Kantian ethics
- Virtue ethics
Choose another 2 from the traditional theories list:
- Ethical Egoism
- Ethical Relativism
- Divine Command Theory
- Natural Law Theory
- Social Contract Theory
Choose an additional 2 theories from the contemporary or non-Western list:
- African ethics
- Eastern ethics
- Feminist ethics or Care-based ethics
- Postmodernism ethics
- Environmental Theories (Ecofeminist, Deep Ecology…)
- 1,000–1,200 words in length (4–5 pages).
- Formatted according to APA standards, using Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spacing, and one inch margins.
Writing and Content Requirements:
- The introduction should explain the chosen issue in detail.
- The thesis, argument, or focus of the essay should be evident in the introduction.
- The body of the essay should:
- explain the approaches by various philosophers and/or ethical theories.
- analyze which approach(es) you find most compelling and explain why.
- incorporate high quality ideas and key concepts from the ethical theories.
- include some suggestions for the most practical solutions to your topic.
- assess the future of your chosen topic in terms of solutions.
- The entire essay should contain correct grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Please use transitions between paragraphs.
- The essay should be documented by properly citing at least three or more credible sources.
This course uses the American Psychological Association (APA) format for scholarly writing. References and citations must adhere to the proper format for all written work presented including essays, discussion postings, and essay exams. Online tips for using APA style may be found at the Perdue Online Writing Lab. Your research should be documented by citing one or more credible sources. Please use the Excelsior library resources and databases to find e-books, journal articles, or other scholarly materials. Wikipedia, websites, or any similar online reference sites where the content may be authored by anyone are not considered credible sources for scholarly writing.