FIN 534 Week 5 Quiz 4
This work of FIN 534 Week 5 Quiz 4 shows the solutions to the following points:
1. Assume that in recent years both expected inflation and the market risk premium (rM? rRF) have declined. Assume also that all stocks have positive betas. Which of the following would be most likely to have occurred as a result of these changes?
2. Assume that the risk-free rate is 5%. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
3. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
4. A highly risk-averse investor is considering adding one additional stock to a 3-stock portfolio, to form a 4-stock portfolio. The three stocks currently held all have b = 1.0, and they are perfectly positively correlated with the market. Potential new Stocks A and B both have expected returns of 15%, are in equilibrium, and are equally correlated with the market, with r = 0.75. However, Stock A's standard deviation of returns is 12% versus 8% for Stock B. Which stock should this investor add to his or her portfolio, or does the choice not matter?
5. Which of the following statements is CORRECT? (Assume that the risk-free rate is a constant.)
6. During the coming year, the market risk premium (rM ? rRF), is expected to fall, while the risk-free rate, rRF, is expected to remain the same. Given this forecast, which of the following statements is CORRECT?
7. Stock A's beta is 1.5 and Stock B's beta is 0.5. Which of the following statements must be true, assuming the CAPM is correct.
8. Bob has a $50,000 stock portfolio with a beta of 1.2, an expected return of 10.8%, and a standard deviation of 25%. Becky also has a $50,000 portfolio, but it has a beta of 0.8, an expected return of 9.2%, and a standard deviation that is also 25%. The correlation coefficient, r, between Bob's and Becky's portfolios is zero. If Bob and Becky marry and combine their portfolios, which of the following best describes their combined $100,000 portfolio?
9. Stock A's beta is 1.5 and Stock B's beta is 0.5. Which of the following statements must be true about these securities? (Assume market equilibrium.)
10. For a portfolio of 40 randomly selected stocks, which of the following is most likely to be true?
11. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
12. You have the following data on three stocks
13. Stock A has a beta of 0.8, Stock B has a beta of 1.0, and Stock C has a beta of 1.2. Portfolio P has equal amounts invested in each of the three stocks. Each of the stocks has a standard deviation of 25%. The returns on the three stocks are independent of one another (i.e., the correlation coefficients all equal zero). Assume that there is an increase in the market risk premium, but the risk-free rate remains unchanged. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
14. Which is the best measure of risk for a single asset held in isolation, and which is the best measure for an asset held in a diversified portfolio?
15. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?
16. If in the opinion of a given investor a stock
*** 534 **** 5 **** *Attached: FIN 534 Week 5 Quiz 4.zip