Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
For the Final Research Paper, select a topic from the list below and write an eight- to ten-page paper (excluding title page and reference page) using a minimum of six scholarly and/or official government sources. These topics represent a few of the challenges the United States faces in homeland security and its impact on American society. The paper must demonstrate an understanding of the topic through a review of literature, analysis of specific incidents or events, evaluation of mitigation strategies, and response and recovery measures. The final section of the paper must address evaluations of existing preparedness measures and your recommendations for future responses to your topic of presentation.
You are encouraged to research United States Government websites, such as the DHS or the FEMA websites, the CIA Fact Book, as well as the databases available through the Ashford University Library. All of these topics for this assignment may be addressed from the federal, state, or local government, private sector, or non-Government agency perspective.
Approved research topics are:
- The future of homeland security – an analysis of the past with a look to the future.
- An analysis of the federal response to natural and manmade disasters – NIMS and the NRF.
- The role of science and technology in supporting the missions of the DHS.
- The challenges of protecting America’s critical infrastructure.
- The challenges of securing America’s cyberspace – the next battleground?
The Final Research Paper must
- Analyze historical incidents or events appropriate to the topic selected.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current DHS policies and procedures affecting the topic selected.
- Draw conclusions based on analysis of your topic.
- Propose recommendations for the DHS based on the analysis of your topic.
The Final Research Paper
- Must be eight to ten pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a cover page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly and/or government sources, two of these must be from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.