Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Financial Reporting Problem, Apple Inc.
There are 2 parts to this assignment 1) is the worksheet that needs to be filled out ( which I have uploaded for you ) and 2) is 1,050-word analysis to be done on a separate word document. You will also need my log info to have access to the Financial Accounting Appendix A which I will provide for you
Resources: Financial Accounting: Tools for Business Decision Making
Note: The financial statements of Apple, Inc. are presented in Appendix A of Financial Accounting. Instructions for accessing and using the company's complete annual report, including the notes to the financial statements, are also provided in Appendix A.
Complete a 1,050-word summary of findings and recommendations from the following questions:
- What were the total cost and book value of property, plant, and equipment at September 27, 2014?
- Using the notes to find financial statements, what method or methods of depreciation are used by Apple for financial reporting purposes?
- What was the amount of depreciation and amortization expense for each of the three years 2012-2014? (Hint: Use the statement of cash flows).
- Using the statement of cash flows, what are the amounts of property, plant, and equipment purchased in 2014 and 2013?
- Using the notes to the financial statements, explain in the summary how Apple accounted for its intangible assets in 2014.