Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Find, provide a reference link to, and describe an example of an enterprise-level Commercial Off the Shelf Software (COTS) software package.
1. Find, provide a reference link to, and describe an example of an enterprise-level Commercial Off the Shelf Software (COTS) software package. Select enterprise-level programs that serve organizational functions such as CRM, ERP, Accounting, Sales Management, etc.
Do not identify simple PC-based individual software programs such as Microsoft Office, Turbo-Tax, Quicken, virus protection packages, or other smaller-scope programs mostly used by individuals.
1. In your description, consider the following discussion items;
- What function(s) are handled by the package? How does it serve the enterprise?
- Costing structure, including expected costs for the software and other services offered by the vendor.
- The benefits of using the package vs. using a custom-developed solution.
- Indicators of how flexible the package is.
2. Are there alternative ways of doing what the package does that would provide a company with a competitive advantage? In other words, what are the reasons why one might not purchase the package?