Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
For this Assignment, read and select one of the following scenarios:Scenario 1:A frustrated seventh grade teacher comes to you to discuss her concerns about Eric, a male Caucasian student in her class
For this Assignment, read and select one of the following scenarios:
A frustrated seventh grade teacher comes to you to discuss her concerns about Eric, a male Caucasian student in her class whose behavior has been increasingly disruptive throughout the school year. Eric, age 13, talks out of turn, requires redirection from his teachers, and often engages in joking around with other students. While he attempts to behave like a “class clown,” other students do not tend to take to his antics positively, often avoiding him. Eric is an only child whose parents are divorced. He lives with his father, who recently began dating. He rarely sees his mother, who reportedly abandoned him at a very young age and who is said to have a history of substance abuse and incarceration. Eric’s hygiene is poor and he has few friends. The teacher has come to you because she has grown “tired of dealing with his misbehavior” and would like for you to “deal with him.”
Mary is a junior in high school who recently turned 17. She has inconsistent attendance, frequent tardiness, a pattern of isolating from others, and conflict with peers. She is bright and communicative and indicates having a “good home life” with loving parents. Previously, her grades were strong but have slipped over the past several months. She is the eldest child and resides with her biological parents and twin, younger brothers, age 10, who have “special needs.” Mary is ambivalent about her future and, when asked, is unsure about her post-secondary plans.
Review this week’s resources. Think about how either a psychoanalytic, Jungian, Adlerian, or play therapy approach can be applied to support the student in the scenario.
In a 2- to 3-page paper, select and critically analyze one scenario using either a psychoanalytic, Jungian, Adlerian, or play therapy approach. You may choose only one theory and you must justify your choice. Be sure to include the following:
- The theory you chose and why. Be sure to discuss how you conceptualize/ explain the student’s issues using theoretical components.
- The considerations that need to be taken into account from a developmental and/or cultural perspective.
- The overall counseling goal with the student, from your chosen theoretical perspective.
- The specific strategies and/or techniques you would use with the student based upon your chosen theoretical approach. You should note at least two interventions from the chosen theoretical perspective.
- The strengths and limitations to using this approach with the student.