Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
For your Final Paper, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge for a real data set in order to understand the applicability of all the Statistical tools learned in this course. Attached
For your Final Paper, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge for a real data set in order to understand the applicability of all the Statistical tools learned in this course.
Attached is a dataset that lists estimates of the percentage of body fat determined by underwater weighing and various body circumference measurements for 252 men from K.W. Penrose, A.G. Nelson, A.G. Fisher, FACSM, Human Performance Research Center, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602 as listed in Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, vol. 17, no. 2, April 1985, p. 189.
Some experts claim BMI (Body Mass Index) as the most accurate and simple way to determine the effect of weight on your health. Meanwhile, in September 2000, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study showing that body-fat percentage may be a better measure of your risk of weight-related diseases than BMI.
An important question that arises is whether there is a relationship between ‘Body Fat Percentage’ and ‘Body Mass Index’ as a predictor.
Body Mass Index is defined as
With the use of the statistical techniques used in this programme (especially simple linear regression), explain whether BMI can be used to explain the Body Fat percentage for an individual based on the dataset provided. Clearly explain and interpret your results.
- Use introduction, body paragraph, and conclusion headings
- Your paper should have 1,500 words maximum
- At least 5 references of an academic or scholarly source are required for this paper. You are expected to use academic sources in peer-reviewed databases or Internet sources, such as: “.org”, “.edu”, “.mil”, “.gov”, ".zm" Sources not allowed are Dictionaries, wikis, or blogs.
- Use APA, writing style for in-text citations, and each reference source that you use. Remember, all wording that is not your own must be cited.
- Limit the use of direct quotes. Direct quotes should not exceed 1/4 page in total. Deductions will result if this rule is violated.
- The cover sheet should include name and course information
- Include a reference page in APA style
You can access the file by clicking the link below: