Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Learning about genocide causes us to question why anyone would commit such extreme acts of violence. Those behind genocide have a rationale that we are usually incapable of understanding.
The United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide was signed in December 1948, and has been in force since January 1951. Article II of the convention defines genocide as any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group, as such:
- Killing members of the group.
- Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group.
- Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part.
- Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group.
Using the United Nations criteria for genocide, conduct a case study on one of the current mass killings happening in the world, Darfur, Syria, Somalia, Ukraine, Burma, or Nigeria, and write a 5- to 7-page paper that includes the following:
- Give an overview of why genocides happen.
- Which of the four types of genocide is happening in the country you chose: developmental, despotic, ideological, or retributive? Explain your rationale.
- What factors were the precursors leading to this genocide? How long has the killing/conflict been going on?
- Who are the perpetrators? Who are the victims? How many known deaths have there been?
- What are the perpetrators hoping to achieve by engaging in this genocide?
- Has this genocide led to problems of refugee populations for surrounding countries?
- Has this genocide been covert and is there denial by the perpetrators to cover up the crime?
- How great has the destruction been to the structure of the country physically and economically?
- Has the international community intervened in this atrocity? Have they done anything to prevent future incidents?
- Your final submission will be a 5- to 7-page Microsoft Word document.
- Cite all the sources in APA format.