HIS 104 Week 1 Quiz
This document of HIS 104 Week 1 Quiz includes answers to the next questions:
1. What was the first western country to abolish the slave trade?
2. What crop did Colonial Brazil depend on?
3. How many Africans were brought to the western hemisphere by the Atlantic slave trade?
4. All aided the Spanish in their conquest of the Aztec Empire except:
Divisions among indigenous people
5. Every ton of Brazilian sugar cost the equivalent of one _________________.
6. Who was the first to break the Ptolemaic Theory and stated the sun, rather than the Earth, was at the center of the solar system?
7. For what purpose did Europeans venture to the seas?
Expand boundaries of Roman Catholic Christianity
Both B & C
8. What advantage did English and Dutch merchants have over the Portuguese merchants?
More powerful, faster ships
All of the above
9. Who was on top of the social hierarch in Spanish and Portuguese colonies?
10. These were built by Europeans in foreign lands in an attempt to control trade and trade routes.
*** 104 Week * ****Attached: HIS 104 Week 1 Quiz.zip