HSM 541 Week 4 Midterm
This document of HSM 541 Week 4 Midterm includes answers to the next questions:
1. Differentiate between urban and rural healthcare in America. Briefly discuss how rural healthcare is different in terms of access, costs, and quality. Use an example to support your point(s).
2. Differentiate between Medicare and Medicaid roles in the healthcare system, and detail how each agency impacts costs, quality, and access in the delivery of medical care in America. Which program is doing a better job balancing these issues, and why?
3. Describe the characteristics and demographics of uninsured populations. Discuss the reasons why Americans are uninsured. List at least one option to curb the growing number of uninsured people.
4. Discuss whether you see marketplace competition as a positive or negative influence on the development of hospitals and health services in the U.S. Defend your position; offer example(s) to support your points.
5. Discuss whether government plays a role to ensure an adequate healthcare workforce. Identify three ways that local, state, or federal governments can positively impact workforce shortages.
*** 541 Week * *******Attached: HSM 541 Week 4 Midterm.zip