HUM 112 Week 8 Assignment 2 Project Paper
This file of HUM 112 Week 8 Assignment 2 Project Paper comprehends:
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, architecture, history, music, or literature.
The project will reflect your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative, innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic. For the topic you choose:
1. Support your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions or points associated with your chosen topic, be sure to answer all of the listed questions and address all of the items in that topic. If your topic asks you to do several things related to the topic, be sure to do each of the things listed.
2. While some of the topics tend to lend themselves toward particular writing genres, you are not
restricted to the specific format suggested for the individual topic. For example, you may do an interview, a proposal, a letter, a short story, a blog, an essay, an article, or any other written genre for almost any of the topics. The project is intended to be fun as well as informative, so feel free to be creative with the delivery of your information.
3. Use at least two (2) sources besides the textbook, which counts as one (1) source.
Topic choices (pick 1):
Office Art Memo. Memorandum. Your boss, who knows youve been taking a humanities class since he pays for your tuition reimbursement, has tasked you with managing the art budget for your company, expecting you to choose various pieces of art for the new corporate offices. (Note: Replicas of the works are acceptable since they are more cost-efficient and you are working on a budget.) Include the following:
1. Identify three examples of 19th century Impressionist painting or sculpture and three Post-Impressionist works. Explain how the six pieces of art fall into these two styles.
2. In a memo, describe the appearance of your six choices to your CEO so he or she will know what the art looks like and where it would be placed in the corporate offices.
3. Explain why each piece is considered to be historically significant.
4. Explain how each piece fits your companys overall (or desired) corporate image. Keep in mind that a piece of art is supposed to say something about the owner, so describe what would these pieces of art say about your company.
New Composition. Speech. Your uncles birthday is in two months, and everyone knows that he loves almost all kinds of music. As a birthday gift for him, you want to have a special piece of music composed in his honor which will be played at a family birthday celebration. Write a speech that you will make to the composers agent. Include the following:
1. Narrow your choices down to three composers youve studied in this course. Choose one of the composers and explain why you want him to write the birthday present music.
2. Explain why the other two composers were ultimately not selected.
3. Specifically identify the musical elements in the composes style that you would like to be included in the new music written for your uncle.
4. Describe what sort of emotion is generated by listening to the works of your selected composer, in other words, what do you want your uncle to feel as he hears the music, and why is this composer so perfect for this composition?
*** *** Week * Assignment * Project *****Attached: HUM-112-Week-8-Assignment-2-Project-Paper.zip