Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
I only need the Assignment done not discussion what the cost
Performance management is a process that is much more than a performance appraisal, which is often the perception. It is the process by which management ensures that employees are effective in meeting the organization's goals. Different positions, including human resources, management, and the employee can be involved in establishing these goals. An employee's performance, as related to these goals, is formally measured in the appraisal. Performance should also be communicated informally through regular dialogue between manager and employee throughout the year. In theory, there should be no surprises during a performance appraisal, if the performance management system is effective.
Effective performance management encourages communication, establishes standards for rating performance, and helps the organization identify top, mid-range, and poor performers. Additionally, formal performance management is imperative to help protect an organization against employment-related legal claims.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
- Discuss techniques managers can use to help improve the performance of employees.
- Describe a performance management system.
- Describe steps an organization can take to protect itself from performance management litigation.
- Explain formal and informal performance feedback processes.
Learning ActivitiesCollapse All
[u05s1] Unit 5 Study 1
Use your Fundamentals of Human Resource Management text to complete the following:
- Read Chapter 9, "Creating and Maintaining High-Performance Organizations," pages 270–297.
- Read Chapter 10, "Managing Employees' Performance," pages 298–331.
Click Managing Performance to view the interactive multimedia.
One way to gather information for performance management or other HR functions is to participate in conversations with professionals on Internet message boards. In this exercise, you will visit one of these boards to learn what HR professionals are saying about a particular topic. You may choose from one of the Web sites listed below or find your own. In either case, please provide appropriate citations for the site or sites you use.
- HRNet: Human Resources Management Discussion, a Yahoo! Groups discussion of HR.
- HR.com: Forums and discussions for HR topics.
- If you are a member, visit Society for Human Resource Management: HR Talk.
Whatever site you choose, look for a topic that has generated some conversation. Your observation and findings from this exercise should contribute, enhance, or be referred to in your HR Topics Presentation assignment in Unit 10; it is suggested that you visit forums and threads that relate to your topic.
Follow these steps to complete this study activity:
- Click a subject line that interests you.
- Navigate to the original message in the thread, and you should see a list of responses. If you cannot find the original message, or you do not see any responses, try another message.
- When you have selected a message that has generated responses, read through all of the messages.
- Take note of the themes, trends, and emerging ideas that you cull from these forums. In addition to their contribution to your Unit 10 assignment, a summary of your findings and how they contributed to your selected topic will occur the Unit 10 discussion, HR Topics Presentation Sharing.
Best Practices in Performance Management
- Best Practices in Performance Management Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Capella Writing Center.
- Tutorials: Microsoft Office Software.
- Undergraduate Research Guide.
Choose an organization to use for this assessment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information in order to complete the assignment.
If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you develop must be based on facts that can be documented, rather than on your personal opinion as an employee.
Research the performance management system of your chosen organization and then prepare a 3–4 page paper that presents the following information:
- Describe the performance management system that is currently in place. Explain the formal performance feedback process.
- Describe any informal performance feedback that takes place.
- Recommend at least two best practices the organization should consider that would improve the process for employees and their managers.
- Support your recommendations with peer-reviewed and professional articles.
- Written communication: It should be free of errors, so that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of two scholarly resources. Distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum.
- Parts of paper:
- Title page.
- Body of paper.
- References page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Remember, you can use the research and resources for this assignment to inform your Unit