Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
InstructionsIn this assignment, we will be looking at the concepts of job redesign and how that can be used to both make positions more efficient and effective for organizations, as well as being more
In this assignment, we will be looking at the concepts of job redesign and how that can be used to both make positions more efficient and effective for organizations, as well as being more rewarding for employees. If you haven't already, to better understand some of the concepts related to job design please review the following articles:
- Campion, M. A., Mumford, T. V., Morgeson, F. P., & Nahrgang, J. D. (2005). Work redesign: Eight obstacles and opportunities (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Human Resource Management, 44(4), 367-390. doi:10.1002/hrm.20080 [EBSCO]
- MSG Experts. (2018). Job redesign - Meaning, process and its advantages (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. [Website]
Now select a position that you are familiar with. This can be a job you currently have or have had in the past. It can also be a position that you know about in your organization or through your personal network. Examine ways that this position could be redesigned to benefit both the organization and employee. Specifically,
- Describe the job in question. Include its title and major responsibilities. List the responsibilities as bullet points, and include in each the number of hours spent performing that action and any other interactions within the organization.
- Identify the issues: why should this position be redesigned?
- Suggest the ways that this position could be changed. Include a description of tasks that could be added, removed, shared or refocused.
- Describe the advantages that this redesign provides for both the employee and the organization.
- Identify any problems or issues that may arise during this process. Can they be avoided?
- Your paper should be about 2 to 3 double-spaced pages (excluding title page and reference page).
- Accurate description and reference of all concepts and theories used in completing your paper.
- Practical examples of concepts that lead to continuing interest in the topic.
- Synthesis of concepts and theories from other course activities.
- Well-organized clearly presented work (free from excessive spelling and grammatical errors).
- Properly cited sources using APA 6th edition.
- See the rubric for more details.