Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Introduction Heart disease is the number one killer in the United States. One procedure to treat blockage in the arteries of the heart is bypass surgery. Someone you know may have already had this pro
Heart disease is the number one killer in the United States. One procedure to treat blockage in the arteries of the heart is bypass surgery. Someone you know may have already had this procedure; however, few people really realize what occurs during the surgery. The following lab will guide you through the steps of a virtual bypass surgery.
1. Identify the major structures and functions of the cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, digestive, and immune systems.
2. Evaluate various risk factors for diseases within body systems.
3. Relate homeostatic imbalances to disease states.
4. Discuss various treatments, cures, and procedures for common diseases.
Computer with internet access
2. Click on ENTER
3. Click on ANATOMY to review the anatomy of the heart.
4. When you are ready to conduct the surgery:
a. Select INTERN from the three choices provided (Intern, Surgeon, Specialist). This will allow you more time.
b. Make sure you read all information on the screen.
5. Type all answers directly on the data sheet. All answers must be written in complete sentences.
6. Select Save As, and use your last name and student ID as a file name.
7. Upload the data sheet as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file when finished.
Questions 1 – 10 are short answer questions and should be answered in two to three words or one to two complete sentences. Total: 60 points
1. Which chamber of the heart receives oxygen-depleted blood from the superior and inferior vena cava? (6 points)
2. Which chamber of the heart pumps oxygenated blood to the rest of the body? (6 points)
3. How much blood can the heart move the through the body in an average lifetime? (6 points)
4. How is the patient’s anxiety level reduced before surgery? (6 points)
5. What are the responsibilities of the perfusionist? (6 points)
6. What are the responsibilities of the anaesthetist? (6 points)
7. What vein is harvested from the leg to be grafted to the heart? (6 points)
8. What is the name of the membranous sac that encloses the heart? (6 points)
9. What is injected into the heart to stop it from beating? (6 points)
10. In your own words, what is the purpose of the drug protamine? (6 points)
Question 11 is an extended response question. Your response should go into significant detail and should be at least 200 words. Total: 40 points
1. The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency to help reduce disability and death from cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Click here or copy and paste the URL below into your web browser to read the article and answer the question:
11. Based on the key screening tests recommended for optimal cardiovascular health and coronary heart disease risk factors listed, what are your risk factors? Are you healthy? Do you know the answers to all of the tests listed? What are some things that you might change in your life or your family’s lives in order to reduce your risk factors? You can view helpful information under each of the tabs at the top of the site.