Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Introduction One of the most important parts of any research article is its methodology. The methodology section details how the research carried out each step of the study, from acquiring participant
One of the most important parts of any research article is its methodology. The methodology section details how the research carried out each step of the study, from acquiring participants, gaining permission, informed consent, collecting data, and analyzing data. The section is one of the most important because this is where a researcher may make mistakes. Not in their writing, but in their research processes. Other researchers will read a methodology to determine how valid and reliable the study actually is. Attention to detail is extremely important when writing a methodology as not even one step or detail can be left out. Any missing information raises questions, and when questions are raised, credibility, validity, and reliability suffer.
In this unit, you will start your Methodology Part 1 of a three-part process. It is divided into three sections due to the level of detail required. Imagine having a food recipe for a complex meal you are preparing. If details are left out, how likely are you to be able to reproduce the dish correctly? That is the mindset you need when approaching your methodology, however, unlike a recipe, you will not be writing a list of instructions or steps, you will be writing a fluid section in proper paragraph form.
For this written assignment, you will continue to create your applied research proposal. Employing the readings from this week, submit the following for review:
- Purpose of the Study - Repeated from Introduction Section
- Applied Research Questions - Repeated from Introduction Section
- Study Population - demographics of the population that participants will be selected from – i.e. population numbers, gender numbers, age range, grade level(s), socioeconomic status, ability level(s), virtual, hybrid, traditional teaching format, etc.
- Population Justification - Why was this particular population selected? How will this particular population help answer the research questions?
- Intervention - Explain what strategy, skill, technology, process, etc. will be added to or taken away from the study population that you intend to collect data on.
- Intervention Plan - Explain how you will implement the new strategy, skill, technology, process, etc. with the student. Over what time period? How will you teach it? What steps will you take to integrate this intervention into current processes? How will you know if students fully understand the new idea? (THIS IS NOT HOW YOU WILL COLLECT DATA FOR YOUR STUDY. THIS IS ONLY HOW YOU WILL IMPLEMENT YOUR INTERVENTION. DATA COLLECTION COMES LATER.)
- Sources of Data – Where will the data for research come from? (student scores, assessments, interviews, surveys, questionnaires, focus groups, etc.) Give a general overview of the various sources you will be collecting data from – NOT HOW YOU WILL COLLECT DATA
- Instrumentation – Discuss your sources, if they are an instrument, in detail (such as surveys, questionnaires, and assessments). How many questions will it have? What type of questions? Why did you choose this instrument? How will this instrument help you answer your research questions?
The Topic Is: Correlation between Extracurricular Activities and Academic Performance
This assignment will be assessed by your instructor. Your paper will be assessed on how well the above areas have been covered. In addition, the below aspects will also be assessed:
- Page Requirement: The assignment should be a minimum of three pages, not including title and reference pages.
- APA Formatting: Use APA formatting consistently throughout.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Your written work should contain no errors and be very easy to understand.
Please review Unit 3 Written Assignment Rubric https://my.uopeople.edu/pluginfile.php/1589475/mod_assign/intro/5470WA3Rubric.pdf to better understand how your paper will be assessed.
1. Choosing & Using Sources: A guide to academic research. (2020). Teaching & Learning, University Libraries. https://ohiostate.pressbooks.pub/choosingsources/
2. Evidence guide for school excellence: Qualitative data. (n.d.). NSW Government.
3. Lencioni, P. (2007). Conquer team dysfunction. https://www.workforcemetrics.com/app/download/726489204/article,+Conquer+Team+Dysfunction,+Lencoini.pdf
4. Quantitative research: Definition, methods, types, and examples. (n.d.). QuestionPro. https://www.questionpro.com/blog/quantitative-research/