Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Review the scenario and the addenda items detailed below. Each of these items presents risks to the project.
- The network infrastructure is problematic in certain areas of the state, meaning that the existing infrastructure may not support the deployment of the e-mail system in all necessary areas.
- Several of the vendors have offered to develop specialized e-mail address books and templates for the state users, if their product is selected.
- In the resource planning stage of the effort, you've identified that the project lacks two network engineers and a business analyst who would be responsible for project documentation.
- The existing budget plan does not cover the anticipated 20% increase in licensing for one of the key candidate products under consideration (Globalcom).
- All the products under consideration for purchase offer more substantial discounts for more users. The statewide Ohio Department of Taxation is considering adopting one of these e-mail systems, as well.
- Determine if each of these five items present a negative risk or positive opportunity to the project.
- Next, identify a strategy for managing the risk and defend your choice. In your explanation, postulate the risk probability as high, medium, or low and assess the impact as low, moderate, or severe. Here are the risk management strategy options:
- avoid, transfer, mitigate (negative risk strategies)
- exploit, share, enhance (positive opportunities)
- accept or plan contingency (both negative risk and positive opportunities)
- Finally, using Web Resources or other links, identify software, project management tools, or diagramming techniques that can be used by the project team to help manage risk. One method of research is to enter the term "risk analysis software" or "risk analysis tools" into a search engine and access the links that apply. For software applications, the most appropriate tools are the ones that interface with Microsoft Project, include Pert diagramming techniques, and/or provide a cost-benefit and analysis feature as well.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.